GriefPrevention plugin commands can't be performed but the plugin loaded correctly

Title.

I installed this plugin: GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

At server boot the console outputs messages that the plugin was loaded correctly, and the configuration folder is created. But, not even via server console I can see the commands. Every one I try it’s “unknown”.

Yes, I tried via server console, so no permissions would be a problem and the commands are not found.
Yes, I tried in game, applying to the default group in LuckPerms the griefprevention.user permission. Can’t perform any command.

The problem is, it’s not a problem of permissions because it would output: “You are not allowed etc etc”.
It says “Unknown command etc etc”.

Do you know what could be happening?

The developer has stopped supporting grief prevention and instead now works on grief defender which is a paid for software.

But for that reason they intentionally made older jar binaries like the one I’m using for 1.12.2 to not function anymore? Wow

EDIT: Do you know any alternative then for Sponge? It seems tricky to find claim plugins for Sponge.

Grief prevention has hooks directly into SpongeCommon and Minecraft which can change depending on the sponge version. Most plugins just hook directly into the API which wont change unless the main number changes.

As for alternatives, seem to be half a page full.

Grief prevention has hooks directly into SpongeCommon and Minecraft which can change depending on the sponge version. Most plugins just hook directly into the API which wont change unless the main number changes.

I think I get it. The plugin itself has become deprecated not because of itself, but because the code of Sponge has changed and maybe they used methods that won’t work anymore…etc.

As for alternatives, seem to be half a page full.

Thanks for that. Anyways, I found my alternative here: Kaeios / Nations Updated

There were 2 main alternatives for Sponge regarding claim plugins: GriefPrevention and Nations. Nations was also left unmaintained but another person forked the repo so they maintain it again, which is nice.

Only GriefDefender support is paid. You can still compile and use the plugin for free: GitHub - bloodmc/GriefDefender: Defend your servers from grief. .