Holograms - Easily create floating texts!

Yes, it could be. I think something is modifying/spawning Entites off the main thread. Maybe. Could be. Don’t know…

Try removing my plugin to test if it crashes.

According to Sponge team that’s a Pixelmon related crash, I had it before and that’s what I got told

I was getting that crash in 4.2.6, but ever since I updated to 4.2.7 I haven’t gotten that again.

edit: I think it has something to do with voting this is 100% the exact crash I was getting, but I changed my voting plugin from votifierlistener to voteright and it was fixed. Would you mind PM’ing me your voteright schema?

Here is the crash I was getting non-stop: http://pastebin.com/cjSWnnsH

Yeah. Figured.

It’s when you’re trying to give an item using a command with voteright.
https://github.com/SocraticPhoenix/VoteRight/issues/5

Drifting away from Holograms topic already lol,
but yeah the crashes weren’t caused by holograms so its 100% safe to use.

1 Like

Hey !

Sorry to bother you, I just installed Holograms, and when I try to create one with : /holograms create “Welcome !”, I get this error :

[22:23:09] [Server thread/INFO] [nucleus]: Pymous_ ran the command: /holograms create “Welcome !”
[22:23:09] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command ‘holograms create “Welcome !”’ for source EntityPlayerMP[‘Pymous_’/54, l=‘world’, x=417.53, y=65.00, z=-22.52]: org.spongepowered.api.world.World.createEntity(Lorg/spongepowered/api/entity/EntityType;Lcom/flowpowered/math/vector/Vector3d;)Ljava/util/Optional;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.spongepowered.api.world.World.createEntity(Lorg/spongepowered/api/entity/EntityType;Lcom/flowpowered/math/vector/Vector3d;)Ljava/util/Optional;
at de.randombyte.holograms.Hologram$Companion.spawn(Hologram.kt:24) ~[Hologram$Companion.class:?]
at de.randombyte.holograms.commands.SpawnTextHologramCommand.executedWithPermission(SpawnTextHologramCommand.kt:16) ~[SpawnTextHologramCommand.class:?]
at de.randombyte.holograms.commands.PermissionNeededCommandExecutor.executedByPlayer(PermissionNeededCommandExecutor.kt:12) ~[PermissionNeededCommandExecutor.class:?]
at de.randombyte.holograms.commands.PlayerCommandExecutor.execute(PlayerCommandExecutor.kt:17) ~[PlayerCommandExecutor.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:179) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1655]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:332) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1655]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:333) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1655]
at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:274) [SpongeCommandManager.class:1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1655]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:82) [bd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:913) [me.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:892) [me.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) [im.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) [im.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketUtil.java:118) [PacketUtil.class:1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1655]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$0(SourceFile:39) [fl$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [fl$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_101]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_101]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:45) [h.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:387) [ld.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:613) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:471) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_101]

Thanks for your work !

Thanks for your report! I’ll have to update the plugin to work with api v5. Am I right that you are running on api v5?

I’m using this version : 1.10.2 - 5.0.0-BETA-1655

And I guess the 5.0.0 in it mean the API Version, so yes, I’m probably using v5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the API 5 Update as well. Thanks for bringing Holograms into Sponge!

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot about this plugin @Pymous
But thank you @Michael_Ware for remembering me! :wink:

##v1.1.1 released!
The changelog can be found on the above linked page. Also read the changes of release v1.1 which are more important!

1 Like

Works perfectly, thanks for your work @RandomByte ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does multi-line not work? I edited it in the config and restarted the server, but the text doesn’t seem to be changing.

You have to execute /sponge plugins reload. I admit that it is currently counter intuitive that a server restart doesn’t do the same. I’ll fix that soon™.

Yup, I figured that out then. Thank you!

##v1.1.2 released!
The changelog can be found on the above linked page.

@Revolt This fixes your issue.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

need for 1.10.2-API 5.0

Then use it. It’s build against api v5.

Im typing the /holograms create test and its giving me this error:

Error occured while executing command:
org.spongepowered.api.world.World.createEntity(Lorg/spongepowered/api/entity/EntityType;Lcom/flowpowered/math/vector/Vector3d;)Lorg/spongepowered/api/entity/Entity;

Which sponge version are you running and pls post the whole log.