Hosting services

You’d be surprised.

1 Like

They’re called script kiddies for a reason.

4 Likes

Don’t underestimate 10 year olds!

1 Like

Sometimes the world can be very frightening… :fearful:

I’ve been with [CubedHost] for a year now, and I’ve yet to have any problems with them. Might be a bit more expensive than some hosts, but the customer support has been amazing and helpful for me everytime I’ve needed to enquire something. That, and they have a server option for the most recent version of Sponge ^^.

For those of us who run their servers via their own machine: Do you run it just straight from a Linux based computer, or do you run it via a Virtual Box? 1

Running on a vm creates a few limitations, because ram allocation and Java in general is a hog. If you just want to run a small server for your friends though, a vm is fine.

I had a spare pc laying around with descent specs, so I removed windows, added Debian, and turned it into a dedicated box. However, my internet connection is my bottleneck. So it is only a dev server, to host only me and my friends.

If running it in a vm is your only option, I suggest looking at Docker. It’s less of a ram hog, and easier to switch out components when upgrading.

3 Likes