How did your username come to be

Mmmm popcorn

I’ll be honest, I equal parts hate and enjoy my usename.

So a long time ago in a galaxy maybe not SK far away, my little brother had discovered runescape and wanted me to play. When it comes to naming things I’m not that creative, and having just seen star wars I decided on “hansolo” for my nick. Of course that was unavliable, however they did present alternative options and “hansolo669” was one. And ever since I have simply used “hansolo669” everywhere across the web… And quite frankly I’m ready for change, but the familiarity and history makes me stick with it.

Passes popcorn

My minecraft name is KingOfHunting
When I first started playing minecraft multiplayer, I used an account my friend borrowed me. I was really noob at that time and didn’t really know anything about minecraft. I started at a towny server, and found a small town where they teached me how to do everything. Then, I decided I wanted my own minecraft account, so I started thinking about a name. Since you’d get money by killing mobs, that was basically what I would do at the minecraft nights. Then I thought to my self, if I like doing this so much, and consider myself the defender of this town, why not go with “KingOfHunting”? So that’s what I did, created an account, bought the game, and started evolving to where I am today.

TLDR: I liked killing mobs a lot, so I chose KingOfHunting.

I have two nick on the net, Carméops and Sxaizo, Carméops is the one i use the most, but Sxaizo is actually my oldest one

Sxaizo: nothing particular, just my birthday converted in letters with an odd conversion rule

Carméops: it’s a bit more peculiar, ten years ago, i was playing dungeon and dragon overnight at a friend’s place, using Sxaizo for my character sheet, but for a campaign, we had to make an alternative character totally different from our usual one, i couldn’t find a good name for it

long story short: i got drunk that night and hurt my head, when i woke up the next day, there was the name “Carméops” on my second character sheet, with my hand writing, so i suppose i came up with it somehow, liked it, kept it

Mine is a well known morse code.

Wonder how @sk89q came up with his?

I am not even sure whether mine is even legal or not…

I’ve been using Kornagan for more than 10 years. It comes from Korrigan, a dwarf-like spirit in Breton folklore.

-Graciously accepts Hansolo669’s outreached popcorn containing device-
-Shifts over to old man voice-

Gather around, children, here comes my life story!

It all started back in 2003, when I - the 8 year old with little knowledge of English - decided to start playing Runescape, because all my friends did. I had to choose a user name, and being an absolute massive noob in the truest of senses, I just went with “djeas”. That’s how my little brother pronounced my name when he was 2.

Years went by, I started playing other games (AdventureQuest and Age of Mythology). I kept the name. Then, in 2006, I wanted to make an alt on Runescape (I’d at that point spent 4 years reaching combat level 47, had full black and was extremely proud of myself). I was horror-stricken when I realised that meant I had to find a new username, but I managed to come up with “Godkiller” after some time. Creative, I know. Sadly this name was already taken, so I went with the suggestion “Godkiller128”. I got to clvl 12.

Fast forward a year or two, I decide to make another alt. I’ve mentioned AoM earlier - it’s my all time favourite PC game. There’s probably a quite large nostalgia factor here, possibly even a nostalgia exponent (assuming the base is a number larger than 1 (yay maths)). Anyways, this influenced me to choose “Arcantos” as a user name. Weirdly enough, it was taken, so I had to go with the second best thing: “Arcantos247”. Yes, it’s misspelled. No, I didn’t realize 247 meant 24/7 until 2012. I used this as well, for quite a long time. The most memorable place of use was the El Goonish Shive subforum of 910cmx. For those who don’t know what that is, it is a webcomic which is very good if you like action, magic, character development, transformations and a certain degree of randomness - so long as you don’t have anything against homosexuality, gender-fluidity and furries. Don’t worry, it’s very much SFW. Moving back to the main track: this was where I first bumped into the glorious Celtic Minstrel, whose RP battle with the illustrious Lyre Harper gave me much enjoyment. Ehm. Still not quite back on topic.

About this time, probably, maybe, or slightly before, I thought I’d finish watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. As it happens, this was just after they started releasing book 3. While waiting for episodes to be released, I joined the first and best Avatar related chatroom to have someone like-minded to talk to and co-fangirl with. It was a Chatango room, and I called myself “heisannnnnnnn” After heisan with 1 through 7 n-s was already taken. So far, so good. In this room, I became good friends with two people in particular. A girl (user)named Kiraaa, and a Dutch guy whose original name is lost to me. After a while, however, that very selfsame Dutchman made himself a second Chatango account. “Lemodile”. It was glorious. It was amazing. It contained a lemony zest. So I stole it.

Original Lemodile, if you’re reading this: I’m sorry. I’ve moved on from that name now. You can claim it back.

I then started using Lemodile everywhere. It is my Minecraft username. I made the mistake on registering it as a local account on my friend’s Xbox360, so he double-stole the name there (he didn’t want me to have the red burning helm effect that one could only get with the collector’s edition, so he didn’t let me use the acc any more). This led to me using Limegator instead there. Yep.

After some years I was consumed by guilt for having stolen the name, so I made a new one. I was still fond of lemons - though, paradoxically, I prefer lime for seasoning and orange for drinking. I decided that verily, this was a holy citrus trinity with which one simply does not mess. So I stuck with Lemon, but this time as “Lemonous”, to give it even more of that zest. And that’s the name I currently use.

… That became very long. Ah well. I hope it was enjoyable, at least. I know I have a tendency to use run-on sentences and split my sentences into parts, but it being 2:20 AM I really cba to do anything about it. Thank you for your time.

Now, who wants the popcorn? I enjoy this thread!

1 Like

My current IGN is Nightshade32, I was originally going to go with ShadowKnight32, although it was taken (in hindsight it wasn’t the best original choice anyways) so I started messing around with other name ideas, and Nightshade32 was what I decided on. However the name has lost it’s luster to me.

Onto my future IGN; I chose BitByte as my new one. BitByte was actually derived off my youtube username BitcoderMC (which was what my original name choice was going to be for when name changes came out) That name came out of my recent interest in programming bukkit plugins, although I was a total scrub. Eventually I decided to mix up my name a bit since I saw a lot of people put MC at the end of their names I decided I wanted to be a bit different. So I thought about it a bit, and decided that since a bit a data size, why not just add another one to it? I then decided on appending Byte to the name and removing the coder part, and so far that name has stuck with me since. :smile:

My god.
When I was in second grade, I was finally able to make a YouTube account. I wanted it to be Amethyst (My birthstone), but I couldn’t spell it. So I went with Garnet. That was taken, and one of the suggestions was Garnet638

Mine is the default username based on my full name on any Debian based system, including LUbuntu.

Check out Soaked Up #4 for my story. I actually have another handle.
But no tellings yet. :trollface:

1 Like

Welp, my username story changed, cause my new mc name is Doctors. #namechangesaregod

2 Likes

MY username “soon to become mc username” came to be becuase my brother picked The_Doctor, and I like “the_” because it seemed cool and ever since then ALL my usernames have been the_Snake or the_Snaked…that is about it.Oh!, and I like snakes soooooooo.

@The_Doctors_Life

That necro is confusing. :confused:

he said The_Doctor not The_Doctors_Life :smiley:

Also yes, that necro is confusing.

/sudo @The_Snake summon GrammarNazi :trollface:
Someone needs to implement this. Pls Dinnerbone?

hmmm
Came up with shabasky in elementary school
Decided to roll with that for a while
Then I went and changed it to sfxworks before or during middleschool cause I was going to do something silly like “shabasky fx(effects) works”

Yeah. I’m also fun at parties.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I have a late birthday compared to most other people in my grade. So, almost all of my friends had turned 11, while I was still 10

My turning 11 happened to coincide with my discovery of a service called Pinger, which is a web service that allows you to send and receive sms for free, with a number they give you
(I needed to to verify my google appengine account, as I lacked a cell phone)

I was so excited to be 11, I made my username aaron-1011, as I had just become 11. When I created an account on another site, I shortened it to Aaron1011, and kept using it.

Thus, @Aaron1011 came to be.

2 Likes