Husk vs. Sponge

I fully agree. There are no facts, no code, nothing. And these strange guy with the much more strange avatar doesn’t looks like a professional developer. They work fulltime on it and get paid - from where? Sponge is growing fast and it is awesome. And Husk is … What is Husk? I haven’t seen anything usable to download or what ever. In my opinion, Husk is a fake - not more. Maybe it exists, but Sponge is still growing and becomes more and more awesome. I never heard from Husk before and as I can read I’m not the only one. Veni, Vidi but no Vici for Husk ^^

• Morph
3 Likes

To be honest husk looks like a joke IMO, I’d follow a list of true sources. There isn’t any ownership on the site. Eg: who’s making it? Can I apply, the team, supporters (other the Mojang and microsoft) and a ton of dead links. As of right now I’m looking forward to seeing sponge work! As it has support from many great developer’s @sk89q, @md_5. Also a good list I liked of pretty solid sources of alternatives to bukkit: http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/over-50-bukkit-alternatives.29046/

Pretty amazing post by mbcx2.

• Rexs123
1 Like

Right - if this “Enterprise Minecraft” is not associated with Mojang (and thus Microsoft), I doubt it’ll last long. MS do tend to take a dim view of trademark infringements, and that name is pretty infringing.

There’s no reason at this point to take Husk even remotely seriously.

2 Likes

I’m under the impression that Mojang nor Microsoft need to associate with third parties for server software anyways. I mean they’re already creating their own, as I’ve come to believe.

Main reason why I don’t believe anything about Husk:

openplayleague isn’t even a functional website and they are a division of it:
http://enterpriseminecraft.com/assets/images/brand-logo-ft-sm.png

2 Likes

Sadly Arrow has been discontinued because of lack of support. :frowning:

Sorry to hear that. I suppose you could still apply to develop Sponge. I’m guessing that the developers on this project just had more reach to get the word out about Sponge.

Let’s hope so…

1 Like

I find the whole

OOoooooh! They’re backed by Mojang and Microsoft!!!111! they’ll have al teh powerz and create a better server cuz they got $ and people

argument is invalid.

Sponge will be built on Forge. The most popular system for modding out there. It is well established and has a large community itsself. It has been tailored exactly to the communitys needs over time.

Microsoft, for all they’re $, can’t simply replicate this in one day. Nor one week or even one month. The whole process of testing, getting feedback, implementing suggestions, improving etc. that Forge has already gone through is something Microsoft’s server or watdoiknowwatsgonnacome has yet to go through. So I do not think that something, even if it’s backed by Microsoft with resources and money, can just push Forge or Sponge, both two community driven projects, being made for the community and largely by the community, out of it’s way.

There go my 5 cents on this whole argument.

Rather lengthy, but, whatever xD

~ TBot

6 Likes

They claim that Mojang and Microsoft are supporting them!?
That’s enough to disregard it.

1 Like

I guess you could say that Husk is only a husk, missing all the corn.

8 Likes

Whoever flagged this, would you let me know the reason please?

5 Likes

DOXing is not appropriate behaviour

it’s more than I got with my IPWhois, thanks for sharing that infos, saved me part of the trouble. (I’ll still keep searching thugh, if I find anything interesting I’ll post it here)

I definitely agree with that!
However, I do not consider this doxing. It really was just looking at the public whois records and googling the username. No personal information or anything that couldn’t be found with 5 minutes of googling around.

1 Like

I agree:

This is for site, user and organization verification and legitimacy checking reasons only. We want to know what’s going on here, it’s an investigation, not a hackzers hackzing operation. :wink:

3 Likes

Regardless this sort of behavior is going rustle more jimmies than my own

That isn’t DOXing. Nothing in his post was private. Everything was publicly available information. Anyone could have found it. I don’t think it justifies removing it from public view.

11 Likes

I don’t really understand why everyone is so paranoid over this. If husk does (what I personally believe to be unlikely) turn out to be fake, why should you care? It does no damage to you, it only damages the wallet and reputation of the “prankster” (for lack of better term).
Also, I’ve not seen any official statement by the husk team stating they were backed by M$.
Just stay calm, and good things shall occur! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Husk, lol.

Does it have anything more than a Reddit in terms of a forum at this point? ;p