Isn't Dinnerbone updating Bukkit to 1.8?

At this point Dinnerbone will do whatever MS tells him to do…

1 Like

I wonder if he’ll try to do a bin patch like what spigot has done for their server.

My language if choice is not Java so forgive me if my questions below displays my ignorance.

Microsoft has a lot of Free to use SDK that contain the compiled libraries of functions.

The parts of Bukkit that consisted of decompiled and de-obfuscated Minecraft server code could be written by Mojang to include missing Bukkit API functions then, released as a Free To use and distribute SDK by Mojang. The SDK would contain the compiled server and documentation for the API.

Wouldn’t that satisfy the legal problems presented in the DMCA notice? No Minecraft source code would be used, only the SDK server/library file.

Doubtful.

Possible…but doubtful.
He works for Microsoft now. Who knows how they will want him spending his time. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Bukkit =/= CraftBukkit || Bukkit =/= Spigot

@ColonelHedgehog @MatthewEnderle I guess people can’t ever make typos. The letter i happens to be right next to o on my keyboard. Shame on me for tapping through that so quickly on something I wasn’t even worried about.

Anyway, I fixed it to now say “impersonation”. Because I’m sure both of you are perfect. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well put. I wouldn’t hold your breath. As a community we must push ever onwards. Sponge is doing just that.

1 Like

I’m more than 100% sure that he will not, he said that before the licence issues and now that they are moving to work under microsoft, they hace a lot more to do.

I wouldn’t be too sure on that if I was you, look at project pore(https://bitbucket.org/mproncace/pore/src) and CanaryMod-BukkitAPI (https://github.com/LexMinecraft/CanaryMod-BukkitAPI)

No He Probably Wont, Just Look at the daily life of Mojang.

Meanwhile At Mojang:

10 Likes

@DarkArcana: A thousand years or typos be upon you! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

that song though :smile:

and this is what Microsoft acquired, 2.5bil well spent. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s a shame both employees in the photo are leaving.

2 Likes

Wait, Dinnerbone is updating to 1.8? Oh… yea… right… HA!

kthxbai

Dinnerbone said he would update Bukkit himself before the DMCA-story began, now it is highly doubtable that he will update it since it would require him to either rewrite about 1/3 of the Bukkit code (yeah as if he would do that) or to convince Wolvereness to take back the DMCA-claim (good luck on that).

I really don’t see bukkit updating period. It’s pretty much dead at this point :confused:

Just look at the Staff…

Who’s Who? Im no good with names

I Feel Sorry For Wolvereness. ):

1 Like