Isn't Dinnerbone updating Bukkit to 1.8?

Notch and Jakob.

Tbh I can understand him. I am a developer too and if I were in his position, I wouldā€™ve likely done the same thing.

5 Likes

It Must Be Quite Terrifying Having A Whole Community Against Him, Im Proud of his DMCA

2 Likes

@Dinnerbone

We are Sponge. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

4 Likes

That was announced before all the legal drama kicked in.

Dinnerbone could make an attempt to issue a counter-DCMA, it would probably fail though.

ā€œIā€™m sure itā€™ll be better than bukkitā€

Show some appreciationā€¦ Bukkit served everyone VERY well.

4 Likes

No one said it we didnā€™t appreciate it.
But Sponge is already planning things that were impossible with Bukkit - therefore it will be better.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see it happening to be honest, with all thatā€™s happening/happened the project is really on the brink at the moment. What Mojang decide to do with the project is yet to be decided but I donā€™t hold my breath.

That was indeed before the DCMA & the buyout, so the plans may have changed substantially and we wonā€™t know for quite a bit. Either way, this doesnā€™t impact or stop Sponge development in any way ,I would imagine.

Either or? Donā€™t you mean && ?

Yes, I think so, he tweeted this:
Nathan Adams (@Dinnerbone) tweeted at 4:06am - 21 Aug 14:

I started Bukkit, Iā€™m going to personally see it through for 1.8. Updating it now :slight_smile: (https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/502381093731831808

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Arenā€™t Real

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s likely. That tweet had been before the DMCA and ultimately caused the events where the DMCA happened. With the DMCA, itā€™s paved a way for any developer to take down the project if they wanted. Dinnerbone would need to write code replacing all code other non-Mojang contributors made if he wanted to avoid it being taken down. Besides, even if he got all of their permission, the project is now unsupported staff-wise and Dinnerbone doesnā€™t want to continue to update it himself.

Also, that @Dinnerbone on these forums is an impersonator, donā€™t bother tagging him :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah && would have been better than ||

1 Like

Iā€™ve never said, that bukkit is bad, but it also had another concept/structure than sponge. :slight_smile:

I totally, agree. Dinnerbone is an impersonator I see, I just copied his twitter xD

Dinnerbone is a gunna, gunna do this, gunna do that, but in the end, gunna do nothing.

• My Dad once told me I was a gunnaā€¦
1 Like

Nothing has been committed, so I donā€™t see it being updated anytime soon. Heā€™s a M$ bot now.

We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

1 Like