LuckPerms | An advanced permissions plugin

Is there a way to tell what Sponge API version the LuckPerms releases are for? I can’t seem to find any information on the files until I run them in the server.

Groups can inherit an number of groups.

It’s an exercize in normalizing the permissions into groups and inheriting those groups into groups.

It’s counter-intuitive, but collect a topic into a group. Say, “Nucleus perms for users” and “Nucleus perms for moderators” and “Nucleus perms for admins”.

Call them nuc-users, nuc-moderators, nuc-admin

Same exercize for anohter plugin, and so on.

You’ll wind up with X-users, X-moderators, X-admin and so on depending on your overall hierarchy of users.
(Think of users, moderators and admin as just the list of “track-able” ranks, add more sub-divisions as necessary)

So for the situation where X-users and X-users-prime differ by a set of perms S, then that would be codified by the new hierarchy:

general-user inherits X-users and Y-users and Z-users
general-user-prime inherits X-users-prime, Y-users and Z-users

The key is to inject new perms into a top-level track-able group (rank) by inheritance of groups. The result is that a player in the game is simply a member of a certain single group.

The schema of Luckperms allows this. As far as it’s efficiency by the way that Luckperms implements it, is another story.

All releases support API 5-7. Not sure how long that will last for, I’m resisting having to maintain separate branches. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello, im trying to find luck pems for sponge 5.2 but your download is only for sponge 6 and 7 but on jenkis you have this Sponge API 5/6 –> LuckPerms-Sponge. When i run it server pops up in log this:

The mod luckperms was designed for spongeapi 6.0.0 but version 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT-c675e80 is in use. It may not work properly.

Where i can find luckperms for sponge5+ pls ?

@Wyrmilius_Korses

As far as I know, Luckperms works on API’s 5, 6 and 7.

does someone know why i cant use command blocks any more after i start using luckperms ???

Sponge adds its own permissions to using commandblocks once a permission plugin is installed since op rules are no longer followed with permission plugins. I believe the permission is minecraft.commandblock.

sadly that didnt work

Huh weird, I just checked the docs and although the full permission is longer, with permission inheritance that should still work. The full permissions to grant access to all commandblocks are minecraft.commandblock.edit. Try running the command /lp verbose on <username> then try using the commandblock. It should tell you what permission is being checked.

it is being checked but still no acces

Hello, I need help, I do not know how to establish a group base, I do not know where to start. Someone can help me, I can not understand.
The ranges I need to set are 4, but I do not understand the wiki, I used pex, in bukkit, but I can not understand, in which file the ranges and permissions are configured.
I hope they can help me, sorry for my English is not very good.

Something else might be blocking your access, if you’re using a protection plugin such as GriefPrevention, try testing in unprotected land.

thanks reloging fixed the issue it was me not being in sync with the server

1 Like

The process is explained here, right from the very basics.

If you don’t understand that, then I’m afraid I can’t really help you much further.

2 Likes

Hello, I have an issue where one of my servers (one out of 3) is not syncing the permissions. The global config for all 3 is exactly the same, but just this one modpack (a custom one) is not working. On the two servers where it does work, the MC version is 1.10.2 and the custom one is 1.11.2. However, all 3 are using the exact same plugisn (copy pasta, tho 2 had to be updated to a 1.11.2) but luckperms stayed the same. I did /lp sync and still noting. If you could help shed some light on this (it could not even be your plugins fault) I would greatly appreciate it.

hey i have installed this and gave some groups some prems but i cant seem to find the perm of breaking blocks at spawn could any1 help me?

Do you have a protection/anti-grief plugin installed?

Yes I Have redprotect

You may also have spawn protection enabled. Either turn that off, or give yourself the permission minecraft.spawn-protection.override (as featured on the SpongeDocs).

this worked for me i am a real noob thanks for the help