NT-Rpg - Plugin which brings RPG features into minecraft

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, NT-Rpg. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

NT-RPG

The main approach is to provide an easy to use api and an flexible rpg system for Sponge servers.

Latest release:GitHub - Sponge-RPG-dev/NT-RPG: A new rpg plugin for Sponge & Spigot

I no longer maintain this ore page, for latest release please and updated documentation go to github’s project page > releases > find Sponge release

If you are looking for plug-and-play plugins this one is not for you.
I put plenty of my time into this this plugin, now its up to you to use it and create something unique. If you are looking for some example configurations, jump on the discord server.

If you would like to use the api and create new skills or enchantments you need to know either java, or be able to write small pieces of code in javascript. If you dont mind that your skill ideas will become part of public skillpack feel free to request them either on discord server, or create an issue on the project’s github page.

Some mechanics you may play with:

• Define custom classes & races

• Easily create custom content such as skills

• Custom enchantments, items and so on

• Skilltrees and so on

• You will be able to alter PVP and PVE as much as you would like.

• define per-item damage for every class
    • define sets of items which a class or race cannot use and much more
    • create unique sets of items
    • Multiple types of skills - passive/active/
    • Skills may be executed either via a command, binding skill to an item, or executing click combo ingame
    • Players are able to craft predefined items with runes (basically d2:lod)
  • So far I decieded to disable vanilla attack cooldown, i simply belive its a shit-tier mechanic for minecrarft.

Guides

For any questions feel free to join discord

Wiki in progress

Skills

Theres a small skillpack under heavy development, Skills are very easy to write you can either use Java or Javascript.

You can grab the skillpack from the github releases.

Custom Enchantments

One of main goals is also extend boring vanilla minecraft item system, which allows players to craft items with custom enchantments.

item

Skilltree:

guis

Class selection gui sample:
Class selection

Skill description gui:
SkillTree example

Known bugs

• Due to missing Sponge events its not possible to restrict players from equiping armor via rightclicking. Implemented in 1.0.8
  • Due to missing Sponge events its not possible to fully implement player’s offhand
  • And few more :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

For the love of all that’s holy, post some pictures please.

I dont know… what would you like to see?

3 Likes

Really just some demonstrational pictures. No need to make people install your plugin to get to see how everything works.

A new version has been released for NT-Rpg, it is available for download here.

• Bugfixes
  • New skills and effects
  • Improved GUIs

• Updated to Sponge API 7
  • Added around 30 new skills and custom enchantments
  • Added support for CIT Added support for models · sp614x/optifine@a764357 · GitHub
  • Since Achievment api implementaiton is not ready yet i started working on some skill trees displayed in inventory menus, currently can be only used for viewing the tree, more interaction options will come in future versions

SkillTree

• Added some particle effects to skills
  • Some general bugfixes and other minor improvements
2 Likes

• First phase of class specialization feature completed
  • GUI improvements
  • Multiple bugfixes
2 Likes

• Added new types of skills, which require only configuration - no additional code behind is required

• improved reloading of specific parts of configuration

• Skilltrees now are rendered from the ascii “art” as a template

• Fixed bug where player might lose level progression during save operation

• Updated entire command structure

• Added tab completition where its possible

• Reworked all permission nodes

• NeumimTo / NT-Rpg

• Improved possible message parametrization via config files.

• Fixed bunch of minor bugs

1 Like

Are there plans to update this plugin soon?

Currently im working on improving item system, due to data api its painfull and it wil ltake a while

1 Like

Ok look forward to having it :slight_smile: this is one of the few things I’m missing from my server.

Hello,
firstly; any plans on updated to API7.1? Seems anytime i find a jobs/skill plugin i am met with a deadend… :slight_smile:

secondly; are classes and races required? I’m looking for a plugin to add skills/abilities, but i do not want to lock people into classes or races

thirdly; I have zero programming experience… However i do not shy away from complicated configurations (with the exception of .json files…) how hard of a time would a guy like me have using your plugin?

firstly; any plans on updated to API7.1? Seems anytime i find a jobs/skill plugin i am met with a deadend…

I do plan to update to 7.1 but i encountered some problemls with it, i will update to 7.1 once it becomes stable.

secondly; are classes and races required? I’m looking for a plugin to add skills/abilities, but i do not want to lock people into classes or races

Setting up races is completly optional, you can configure just only one (default) class which will have all stuff you want.

thirdly; I have zero programming experience… However i do not shy away from complicated configurations (with the exception of .json files…) how hard of a time would a guy like me have using your plugin?

The question is not “how hard to use” but morelike how much possibilities you will have during configuration.

With a few exceptions theres no “json-only” configuration for creating your custom spells, effects and custom enchantments those things you have to code.

I do have small public skillpack which i inted to expand in the future, but for now the skills are quite generic, nothing special really, it may not have what you are looking for.

Eventually if you are willing to dig little bit deeper, you can always try to script something in javascript.
I belive it should be quite easy to do, no java-jars hell, no complicated dev environment setup and easy reloading of your scripts wihout the need of restarting the server

If you have some ideas related to plugin improvements/skills and you dont mind that your skill ideas will become part of opensource skillpack (which is licensed under gpl2) feel free to either create an issue on the github or join my discord channel.

Alright, I’ll eagerly await the release of API7.1 compatibility
I’ll also check out the skill pack; at the moment i am sure i haven’t thought of something someone else already has.
But if i find something missing I’ll let you know! in the mean time… time to brush up on Javascript :slight_smile:

• Dev build features are not finished, may change, contains some not-critical bugs

• Updated to spongeapi 7.1

• Revmapped entire item system into more robust thing.

• Item properties, item sockets, custom item enchantments are no longer stored into item lore, but nbt tags
    • Abstracted away lots of boiler plate code when working with custom effects/enchantments via ASM
    • Implemented @Inject annotation on a effect constructor. If this annotation is used Effect model (primitives/class having only public members) are now automatically created from EffectData nbt tag

item

Added bunch of configuration nodes which allow customize inventory menus via resource packs

guis

• Fixed & added some bugs
  • Updated Javascript examples to work with 7.1 Sponge
  • Bunch of other stuff i already forgot about.

Skillpack & alternative download links https://github.com/NeumimTo/NT-RPG/releases

1 Like

Players 404

Classes & Races 404
Custom Items 404

wiki links fixed

Silly question; Is a database strictly required to use this plugin? I don’t want to set up MySQL if i don’t have to :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:
Also, do you have an example config i can view for classes/races? Coding Noob here so your clear documentation makes no sense to me… :slight_smile:

EDIT2:
I have yet to test this; as i’m on break at work.
Just want to be sure this is how a config is supposed to be set up:
Class: Name: Mining #Must be uniqueDescription: "The Earth fears you."Effects: [ - Pastebin.com
Class Skills: Name: "MiningSkills"Description: "Mining Skill Tree"Skills: { Earth_Break - Pastebin.com

In the case of skills: How do i define what the skill actually does? in your example from here: https://github.com/NeumimTo/NT-RPG/wiki/Classes,%20Skilltrees#skilltree
the skill “Speed” doesn’t appear to do anything; is speed a skill defined in your skills.jar that you distribute with your plugin?

EDIT3:
Final edit i swear!
As you can see in the past bins I’ve added comments; though i don’t know if they are actually commented out.
can you confirm if the # Comment actually comments out what I’ve written? Or do i use // like standard java script? me and a buddy use the same files and want to leave notes on what we are doing.

Any SQL database is required. You dont have to setup mysql. Sponge embeds H2. But for better db management i suggest to use mysql or in better case postgresql.

1 Like

Anytime i think i can get away from Database management, it pulls me back in! ah well… i should set on up for Nucleus anyway :slight_smile: