Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

@HassanS6000 I’ve been experiencing a few issues with both this plugin and EssentialsCMD. Let me fully explain what I’m trying to do first and explain what isn’t working. I run a Pixelmon server, version 1.8.9 Minecraft, and version 4.2.7 Pixelmon. I’m using the latest version of Nucleus as well unless it’s been updated in the past 3 days. We have a Safari Zone with spawners and proper biomes and the whole nine yards set up. What we’re trying to do is have the players hit a button/walk on a pressure plate that’ll trigger a few command blocks. The commands that we need them to run are not working and that is the issue we’re currently having. When we run the commands “/clear @p” and “/jail @p” the command blocks do not work at all. When we run commands without @p, such as “/jail TidusGaming 2” inside a command block it’ll work fine, same with the “/clear TidusGaming” command. The issue for some reason seems to be centered around command blocks teleporting in any sort or messing with inventories of players when using @p as the same issue arises when we use the command block to do “/tppos @p “cords”” or something like that. We need these to work to open the Safari on server as we don’t want players to go into it with mass amounts of Ultra Balls, so they’d have to buy Safari Balls within the Safari. That’s why we need “/clear @p” to work and the reason we need “/jail @p #” to work is because if you jail a player they can’t run any commands, such as /homeset or /tpahere or /back etc. etc. The commands work within command blocks when targeting specific players, as well as in single player with no plugins or mods, but it seems when we need to use the @p option is fails to work properly. Any and all feedback is appreciated and I apologize for the exceedingly long post!

P.S. The error may also have to do with SpongeForge itself as a later thought. Just wanted to mention that as well.

1 Like

@McGangsterFresh @Michael_Ware Do you have books in your kits? That’s what’s causing the issue, I think I have a resolution and I’m waiting on confirmation from @Rasgnarok in [1.10.2] general.json re-setting · Issue #335 · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub. There is a build there you can try for 1.10.2 - let me know if you try it and it works. Once that’s confirmed resolved, I will put an official update on here.

@TidusGaming We have to add selectors ourselves. /tppos has selector support, /clearinventory and /jail do not. I can do that easily before the next update. I really do appreciate the use case though!

It might be that SpongeForge should support selectors, but I’ve written our own support in anyway.

2 Likes

@Karagra_Gaming Just noticed this - no, there isn’t any support for this, and I don’t see it being something that would go in the core plugin.

Thanks so much dualspiral! I really appreciate the quick feedback and reply! If you could do me the minute favor of @ing me when you’ve implemented this into the latest version that’d be beautiful!

@dualspiral now i cant even create kits http://pastebin.com/mKpbjrGa

SpongeForge: 1.10.2-2052-5.0.0-BETA-1681

You’re on an outdated SpongeForge version. Update SpongeForge to the latest version (1693 1727 (thanks @FiveEYZ - read 1.8.9, not 1.10.2) right now)

latest for 1.10.2 is: 5.0.0-BETA-1727

1 Like

@dualspiral most plugins i use dont work with the lattest sponge versions, i dont know why

1719 should work fine for you

build 1720 broke the loading of some plugins, and was hotfixed in build 1724

The problem with using Sponge for 1.10.2 is that it’s currently undergoing a lot of changes and is not yet stable. We’re always targetting the latest code, because that’s what is most likely going to become the official version for Sponge.

As for some of your plugins, for 1.10.2, if they don’t target API 5, or don’t even keep up with Sponge, there is a big chance they’ll break. This has even happened with Nucleus. You need to bug them if their plugins break.

1727 should work fine then?

Build 1724:
bloodshot:
Adjust invalid plugin ID’s to avoid plugin not loading.
Until plugin’s update their ID’s to not contain dot notation, the ID
will simply be adjusted to contain only the last word so it can still
load.

i would say any build after 1724

Finally, kits are working fine @dualspiral

1 Like

so setting the kit works but redeeming it makes the item go to equipment slots
like in this picture (just hover over link) Screenshot - 210b0ae72d57babd692522008be8f5da - Gyazo

and doing /seen <player> dosen’t work Screenshot - 38bd36ab1fed63a4e8c4abb5d9d4170e - Gyazo
tried both mixed case and lower

both issues might be me doing something wrong, just wanted to tell them.

That first issue is known - it’s the Sponge implementation, which I may admittedly be using incorrectly and might be able to fix. I’ll investigate, but it’s not a breaking bug.

As for /seen - any error messages in the console? I expect not, but it’s worth a shot. Also, have you got a nickname on?

No, i don’t use a nick.

These error happen around the same time i was playing with /seen
(all these errors are happen in 5 seconds), don’t know if they are related to that issue or nucleus:

After some 12hours on this version, all seems fine - I haven’t had any resetting. So yes, they do work! :grin:

I have a suggestion, can we have a modification of the /homes command for admins where we specify a player name, such as ‘/homes PlayerNameHere’ and it will display to us PlayerNameHere’s homes through clickable links as if they were our own?

This would make tracking down rule breaking and spread out exploits MUCH easier.

do /homeother <playername>

sadly i don’t get that command to work, says it cant find any user with that name.

You have to know the name of the players home if they have more than 1. So if they have named their homes

Home and Bug

You would have to do /homeother BenTheAwesome Bug and then it would take you to their home called bug. If you do /listhomes BenTheAwesome itll show you his homes and their names as well as coordinates.