[Outdated Use Ore Topic] PlayerShopsRPG - Region-based Player Shops!

#New Release v0.1.2! Github Releases (by Release)

• Quick bug fix related to setting shops to unlimited stock not actually working.

Enjoy!

#New Release v0.1.3! Github Releases (by Release)

• Inserted blank lines between items in shop views to make them easier to read in the default Minecraft typeface.

Enjoy!

Hmm. I have a sort of request, would it be possible to set up something to where players could “rent” shops like a zone I could set up at spawn where players could rent the booth/shop for a set amount of time?

Hmm, I’m currently in the process of updating this plugin. I’ll see if I can add something like this in. Do you think shops should but rented for a set amount of time and paid all upfront, or would an hourly rate be better?

I would say like a configurable set time so like I could set it to have a set price for like a day or if I wanted to set it to a week. So the player would pay the upfront price then get the shop for the set time.

You mentioned on my topic: RentShops - Lease buildings and/or interiors to players for shops and/or apartments - #2 by Zerthick that you would look into adding that functionality into this plugin and I am excited to see the final result for that.

I am curious how that would look for your plugin though as it would see your plugin is very command based and what I am looking to do with this is eventually have a chestshop type setup similar to this plugin: [Discontinued] SpongyChest [v0.4.8] - Player Shops

I am just looking for your overall vision for the addition of regions shops and seeing if it is truly something I could use for my server.

I HIGHLY appreciate what you do and your willingness to add in a suggestion of mine into your plugin. You are awesome. :slight_smile:

Hey Jsnbrown1989!

You are correct that PlayerShopsRPG is based on commands, however the amount of commands a user types is actually kept to a minimum (really just 4), most are executed automatically by the user clicking on links in chat. This was done as a compromise between the ease of use of GUI (chest) shops and the flexibility of command-based solutions.

As far as regions go, the shops in PlayerShopsRPG are currently defined by regions, however, PlayerShopsRPG is not a region protection plugin and I don’t currently have intentions of adding those types of features as I think they fall out of this plugin’s scope. However, I would like to eventually allow integrating with some of the popular region protection plugins to allow their regions to be used as shops, thereby allowing shops to have region protection, though this is more of a long-term development goal.

In the short term, I’m currently working on allowing shops to be bought/sold and rented by shop owners without any admin/moderator intervention. Shop owners will essentially be able to put their shops up for sale / rent for a daily rate similar to how they can change various aspects of shops now. Players with then be able to walk into the shop and purchase / rent it by clicking on an appropriate link the the shop’s UI, all transfers of currency/ownership will then be handled automatically by the plugin.

Hopefully that’s of some use! :grinning:

That is definitely useful. I agree that any sort of protection aspects would be out of scope for this plugin. A question I would ask is how are you planning on handling unpaid rent? Since it is command based, it would work better then the way I had imagined it but I would hope that when you create a region, the plugin could snapshot that region, one could say, and then if rent is unpaid, it would restore the region back to how it was previously.

Maybe this is diving a little too far down the rabbit hole and that might possibly be a future enhancement. Just getting rentable regions would be nice to start.

Also, I know you aren’t into this for cash but, toss up a donate button for us to support/encourage you. Esp since you are working in a feature/plugin I was originally, potentially looking at paying for.

For the rented shops, or shops in general are you planning on adding a sort of enter/exit msg to notify a user when they have walked into a shop region?

@Jsnbrown1989 For now, I was planning on having ownership transfer back to the original owner of the shop if rent is unpaid, I may look into taking region-snapshots in the future, though that is starting to stray into reigon-protection a bit :stuck_out_tongue: May make a companion plugin for that sort of thing.

I may consider adding a donation button at some point, but not until the features are implemented! :grinning:

@IBG_Nova Currently the way things are now I would have to completely restructure the way I store shop regions in order to support this type of feature. It is something that I would like to eventually do, but it will take me some time as I’d like to get the buy/rent features released first.

Hey there! i like the general idea behind this plugin, i’ve recently started a pixelmon server and was looking into player shops (and by looking i mean spent countless of hours comparing plugins and the ups and downs.

I’ve recently decided that of all the features i look for (configurability, admin/player, non chest reliant.) that i’d give your plugin a try. but one thing i’ve noticed is the event’s may sometimes fire and cause the server to halt momentarily. thus resulting in a lag spike within the TPS. and a console error thrown in relation to this moment. (usually after clicking buy or sell and responding to the chat prompt.

I also noticed an incompatibility with another plugin (sponge discord plugin) as the click events don’t actually run an autocompletion of the command in the users chat area, but rather chat sniff for the users input. which causes the discord plugin doing the same thing to still register what the player says and drop that into the discord chat. would it be possible to change the way click events work or even make it configurable as an enable/disable sort of feature. (more modular in that way as some people may like the chat sniffer method.)

either way its a neat idea, and coupled with a plugin like greifprevention makes the playershops rather nice while still being protected and having greetings/farewells lol.

Hello! In the next release I plan to do some performance tuning to hopefully reduce any occurrences of lag spikes. Out of curiosity, how many shops did you have before you started to notice lag?

The chat sniffing implementation I use will actually be completely replaced by the Dialog API once it’s implemented, which should hopefully reduce any incompatibility with other chat-related plugins.

I’m glad my plugin has been of use!

@Jsnbrown1989 Still working on implementing renting! Expect a release soon :smiley:

Hey there! and thanks for the reply, i actually only just had one. i was trying to familiarize myself with the commands and overall functionality of the shops when i noticed it causing small lag spikes so this was only with one shop running.

Also that is rather good news regarding the chat implementation being changed. your plugin should have great use amongst most servers just by the sheer function of it! :slight_smile: being region based makes it seem more shop like in nature.

again thank you for the great plugin :grinning:

@Zerthick
Thanks for the update man! I’m in agreement with Alexx, this is certainly a great plugin. Keep it up!

#Shop Purchases, Performance Boosts, Dynamic UI, Oh My! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.3.0

Minecraft 10.1.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.0.0-BETA-99

Changes:

• Added /shop buy and /shop set price commands to enable purchase and sale of shops (You can also set the shop price via the owner view)
  • Added shop lookup optimizations to reduce occurrences of lag spikes when interfacing with shops
  • Overhauled UI - UI now shows click actions dynamically based on the player’s permissions
  • Updated to Sponge API 5.0.0
  • Numerous bugfixes

Enjoy!

@IBG_Nova @Jsnbrown1989 Expect renting to be in the next release! Wanted to get this one out there though, didn’t want to make it too massive :stuck_out_tongue:

@AlexxSeven I’ll be curious to see if the lag spikes still persist!

@Zerthick Thanks man. I already have the update on my server so I’ll let you know. I saw 1.10 and about freaked. We are still on 1.8.9 but everything still seems to be functional.

@Zerthick Look forward to these changes. any new permissions were added?

I have to plan a server restart for the update though but i’ll definitely report any lag issues i worked out some changes on my linux backend that gave a little more head room to the server so i haven’t had many with the previous release.

judging from what @Jsnbrown1989 said, i should be able to run this on my 1.8.9 pixelmon server ^^

Edit:
@Zerthick While running shop commands, i don’t seem to be getting lag spikes. (however its not peak hours for my server and thus only me testing so with the extra head room, the variables are changed a little lol.) However i am having issues with the “/shop item create” command, or rather any command that uses in hand items as the base.

It throws the following error:

14.08 05:04:55 [Server] Server thread/ERROR [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command 'shop item create' for source EntityPlayerMP['AlexxSeven'/223, l='world', x=-234.43, y=65.00, z=-118.68]: org/spongepowered/api/data/type/HandTypes
14.08 05:04:55 [Server] INFO java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/spongepowered/api/data/type/HandTypes

My current sponge version is:

14.08 05:13:07 [Server] Server thread/INFO SpongeForge
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO Minecraft: 1.8.9
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO SpongeAPI: 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT-1f5dac2
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO SpongeForge: 1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1666
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO Minecraft Forge: 11.15.1.1902

Yes, two new permissions were added playershopsrpg.command.buy and plaeryshopsrpg.command.set.price.

Ah, that bug is because you’re still on API 4.X. (Right / Left hand stuff wasn’t added until 1.10). I’ll look into doing a 4.X backport.

#Taking It Back a Notch! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.3.1

Minecraft 1.8.9 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.8.9-4.2.0-BETA-348

Changes:

• Back-port for Sponge API 4.0.0

Enjoy!

@Jsnbrown1989 @AlexxSeven Should be good to go now on 1.8.9 :smiley:

Obviously I didn’t thoroughly test it. Thanks @AlexxSeven for picking up my slack. :slight_smile: