[Outdated Use Ore Topic] PlayerShopsRPG - Region-based Player Shops!

#Shop Purchases, Performance Boosts, Dynamic UI, Oh My! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.3.0

Minecraft 10.1.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.0.0-BETA-99

Changes:

• Added /shop buy and /shop set price commands to enable purchase and sale of shops (You can also set the shop price via the owner view)
  • Added shop lookup optimizations to reduce occurrences of lag spikes when interfacing with shops
  • Overhauled UI - UI now shows click actions dynamically based on the player’s permissions
  • Updated to Sponge API 5.0.0
  • Numerous bugfixes

Enjoy!

@IBG_Nova @Jsnbrown1989 Expect renting to be in the next release! Wanted to get this one out there though, didn’t want to make it too massive :stuck_out_tongue:

@AlexxSeven I’ll be curious to see if the lag spikes still persist!

@Zerthick Thanks man. I already have the update on my server so I’ll let you know. I saw 1.10 and about freaked. We are still on 1.8.9 but everything still seems to be functional.

@Zerthick Look forward to these changes. any new permissions were added?

I have to plan a server restart for the update though but i’ll definitely report any lag issues i worked out some changes on my linux backend that gave a little more head room to the server so i haven’t had many with the previous release.

judging from what @Jsnbrown1989 said, i should be able to run this on my 1.8.9 pixelmon server ^^

Edit:
@Zerthick While running shop commands, i don’t seem to be getting lag spikes. (however its not peak hours for my server and thus only me testing so with the extra head room, the variables are changed a little lol.) However i am having issues with the “/shop item create” command, or rather any command that uses in hand items as the base.

It throws the following error:

14.08 05:04:55 [Server] Server thread/ERROR [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command 'shop item create' for source EntityPlayerMP['AlexxSeven'/223, l='world', x=-234.43, y=65.00, z=-118.68]: org/spongepowered/api/data/type/HandTypes
14.08 05:04:55 [Server] INFO java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/spongepowered/api/data/type/HandTypes

My current sponge version is:

14.08 05:13:07 [Server] Server thread/INFO SpongeForge
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO Minecraft: 1.8.9
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO SpongeAPI: 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT-1f5dac2
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO SpongeForge: 1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1666
14.08 05:13:07 [Server] INFO Minecraft Forge: 11.15.1.1902

Yes, two new permissions were added playershopsrpg.command.buy and plaeryshopsrpg.command.set.price.

Ah, that bug is because you’re still on API 4.X. (Right / Left hand stuff wasn’t added until 1.10). I’ll look into doing a 4.X backport.

#Taking It Back a Notch! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.3.1

Minecraft 1.8.9 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.8.9-4.2.0-BETA-348

Changes:

• Back-port for Sponge API 4.0.0

Enjoy!

@Jsnbrown1989 @AlexxSeven Should be good to go now on 1.8.9 :smiley:

Obviously I didn’t thoroughly test it. Thanks @AlexxSeven for picking up my slack. :slight_smile:

Oh hey! i forgot about the hand thing being added in 1.10 lol.

Well very glad to see you decided to do a backport for those of us on 1.8.9 :slight_smile:! thanks so much for this plugin.

I am unable to make it so people on my server can change their shop name/put their shop up for sale… any help? And also is there a way to make money vanish? For example, make a shop for sale, by the server, so the money just disappears when the shop is purchased by the player.

Hello @TacoManMicah, Have you given your players permission to change names / put shops up for sale? They will need the permission playershopsrpg.command.set.name to change the name, plaeryshopsrpg.command.set.price to put the shop up for sale, and playershopsrpg.command.buy to purchase shops up for sale. You can view a full list of permissions here!

Currently there is no way to clear a shop’s inventory/account on purchase, I can add this feature in the future.

The rank trying to use it has both permissions, neither work. Both say that they don’t have the permission to use this

Is there a specific error message returned? For example “You are not the owner of this shop!” or is it just stating that they can’t execute the command? Also, what version of Sponge and PlayerShopsRPG are you using?

It is just saying they cant execute the command. And Sponger version “1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653” and PlayerSgopsRPG version 0.3.1

I think I may have identified the issue, try giving your players the permission playershopsrpg.command.set as well. This permission is old and not really needed any more, I’ll be removing it in the next update.

That worked! thank you

Nice plugin :smiley:
After Inventory API u can even update it to use with inventory gui…

#But I don’t want to buy it! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.4.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.0.0-BETA-107

Changes:

• Implemented Shop Renting!
  • Added /shop rent command and corresponding playershopsrpg.command.rent permission
  • Added /shop set rent command and corresponding playershopsrpg.command.set.rent permission
  • Removed playershopsrpg.command.set permission

Enjoy!

@Jsnbrown1989 @AlexxSeven Expect a backport to 1.8.9 soon
@TacoManMicah the playershopsrpg.command.set permission has been removed, shouldn’t bother you anymore
@ZpknTr Thank You! :slight_smile: Unfortunately if I used the inventory gui I would have to deal with a max inventory size, something I’ve been avoiding with the text-based approach

1 Like

The plugin started giving my players some kind of :null message for any items upon /shop item create.
I switched to your newest version and now get

@KingKappa You are mostly likely running Sponge API 4.X (Minecraft 1.8.9) The 1.10.2 version of PlayerShopsRPG uses API 5.0 which is not backwards compatible, I’ll be releasing a API 4.0 backport shortly which should fix the issue.

How can I delete the shop? This is the first time I use this plugin. Thereby I select two points on a wall. When I try to use “/shop destroy”, the plugin warns me I have to stand in the shop. But the shop is on the wall. How can I delete it?

What is the meaning of “/shop rent”? Does it mean the player who rent a shop have to pay certain money to shop’s owner per hour? Can shop owners edit shops during the renting time?