[Outdated Use Ore Topic] PlayerShopsRPG - Region-based Player Shops!

#Backwards, Forwards, and Sideways! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v0.4.1

Minecraft 1.8.9 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.8.9-4.2.0-BETA-348

Changes:

• Back-port for Sponge API 4.0.0

Enjoy!

@Jsnbrown1989 @AlexxSeven @KingKappa Backport away! :slight_smile:

@Jinlin_Chen As far as deleting the shop you could break a hole in the wall, stand in it, and run the delete command, you could also delete the entry for the shop in the shops.config file in the playershopsrpg config directory.

Ah, forgot to add documentation. You specify an amount of money when renting the shop, you’ll then own the shop for the duration of time equal to the amount divided by the hourly rate, you can extend the rent in the same manner. Shop owners can change the rent price for future rents, change the shop owner, or destroy the shop while it’s being rented, assuming they have the proper command permissions of course. Everything else can only be changed by the person renting the shop for the duration of the rent.

Now, if I put something in the shop and I use “/shop destroy”, goods will not come back to my inventory. I am curious if the shop owner destroy the shop, can people who rent the shop take back their goods?

No, when you destroy the shop all the items are lost, this is because shops are able to contain many more items than would fit in a player’s inventory. If a shop owner destroys a shop while it is being rented, the person renting it will get nothing back. I could see potentially preventing shop owners from destroying shops while they are being rented, however I didn’t want to take that freedom away unnecessarily.

Drop them on the ground then? Or maybe restrict shops being destroyed to empty shops, or add a -force flag?

I could see players getting really mad at their items disappearing like that.

Right, but only the owner of the shop with a playershopsrpg.command.destroy permission, or non-owners with the previous permission and the playershopsrpg.bypass.owner permission can destroy shops. I could look into spawning the items on the ground, but if a shop contains hundreds of items that would get pretty laggy real fast. If you don’t trust shop owners to not destroy shops containing items simply don’t give them permission.

It’s not about not trusting them, it’s about user experience and expectations.

If I’m a user and I’m deleting my shop, I expect to get my items back, or the shop to not delete.

Hmmm, I suppose you have a point, I’ll look into having a force option in the next update and making the default behavior that the shop won’t be deleted. I think that’s a better way to handle it than trying to spawn all the items on the ground or partially filling the player’s inventory.

1 Like

@Zerthick

Very much appreciate the backports of this plugin for those of us on 1.8.9 :slight_smile:

One thing i noted in the previous version that i forgot to come mention. was if players didn’t have free inventory slots. they could still buy from the shop like normal and have money redacted, however would not see any items from the transaction. even if they then made space. not sure if the inventory API would be needed for monitoring that though.

I really appreciate all the work you put into this though, it’s definitely the best shop plugin on sponge so far!

1 Like

Ah, that’s a bug. Could you create an issue for it? I’ll be sure to fix it in the next release :slight_smile:

I’m glad you like the plugin!

1 Like

Definitely! sorry it took me a while, i go back and forth between the sponge forums sometimes. i created an issue topic in the “issues” section of your git hub project for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t Get Lost in Translation! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v1.0.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.1.0-BETA-366

Changes:

• Changed config file extensions to .conf from .config to match convention. Important: Rename the extensions of your config files located in ~/config/playershopsrpg to transfer your data over!
  • Added messages.conf file to enable translating PlayerShopsRPG to multiple languages!
  • /shop destroy command will now warn you when destroying a shop containing items, you will have to use /shop destroy force if that is what you want to do.
  • Numerous bugfixes
  • Stable Release!

This release marks a large milestone for PlayerShopsRPG, it is now out of the pre-release phase!
Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@AlexxSeven Should be fixed now!
@ryantheleach Force option added!

@Zerthick

forge-1.11-13.19.0.2178-universal.jar
spongeforge-1.11-2178-6.0.0-BETA-1988.jar
PlayerShopsRPG-v1.0.0.jar

Add:
When buying, there are no errors, but the product does not appear in the inventory. So do not write off the money from the account.

Patch Away! Github Releases (by Release)

Release v1.0.1

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.1.0-BETA-366

Changes:

• Fixed NullPointerException when the player tries to sell more of an item than they have, to update delete your messages.conf file and let it regenerate.

Enjoy!

@anon34495435 Sorry about that, should be fixed now!

It’s not fixed!

buy: There are no errors. The money is not removed. The item does not appear in the inventory.
sell: http://pastebin.com/3r0XjJGZ

Oops, wrong binary got uploaded, try again.

sell: The error does not occur. But always appears the message: You don’t have…

buy: The behavior of the former

When you attempt to sell the item, you do have at least 1 in your inventory?

The buy behavior is not replicated when I test it, however I am testing on Minecraft 1.10.2, I suspect that changes in API 6.0 for Minecraft 1.11 are leading to the strange behavior. I’ll do some further testing later today to confirm.

Yes! …

Will you be backporting the stable release to API4?

1 Like

Indeed that would be really appreciated! :slight_smile: