Pc's with windows vs macs

OS X is not free. If it was, you could install it on your PC as easily as Linux.

1 Like

Please don’t mention Windows 8. It’s a piece of junk that even 8.1 couldn’t fix. OS X is almost better :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows 10 will be superior. We all know that.

I don’t think thats the case. OSX has so far I know no advanced driver manager. And its kernel is probably compiled to work on apple devices only.

;-;. We need to do something lol.

You can have a hackintosh setup, but you couldn’t pay me to do that to my PC.

1 Like
7 Likes

Download link please.

Things Apple product users say, and my responses to them:

My MacBook Pro is great for graphic design!

And so is my Lenovo Y50 with a GTX860M that renders in half the time and cost me less than half as much as your hardware inferior MacBook Pro.

But the programs you can use!

Whoop de fucking doo, your MacBook comes with editing software. Ever heard of Audacity, GIMP, or Paint.net? And don’t you dare mention Adobe Creative Suite (I don’t like the new Creative “Cloud”; “Cloud” computing has been around since MSDOS billboard systems, its nothing revolutionary or exciting) because that is multi-platform. And will run better on my GPU anyways.

I like how the operating system looks!

Ubuntu, install XFCE desktop, or reorient the side bar in Unity to be on the bottom.

It doesn’t get viruses!

Because the majority of PCs run Windows (imagine that) and malware developers are not going to waste time making Mac ports of viruses. Malware is an industry, kids, and they want to maximize profits and minimize time. There is still Mac malware though, so don’t get too comfy there.

They make iTunes and iCloud and all their mobile devices work so well together!

So does Google with Android and the Play store.

Well, it just does what I want it to do and it works…

… For three times the price…

Why would I need to open my laptop up anyways?

So if your hardware goes bad you can replace it yourself for the cost of the new parts instead of paying for the parts and ridiculous repair costs.

But I don’t know how hardware stuff works so I have to have someone else do it anyways.

Google it. There are ten year olds that know how to build PCs, yet you refuse to do it. Oh, that’s right, I forgot its easier to take apart and build PCs than Macs.

Its easier for people who don’t know how to use PCs.

Windows is not much different, exceptions being Windows has labeled programs on the start menu as to only icons on a task bar, a very diverse control panel, and all the “nasty” system tools that the computer illiterates won’t need are tucked away where the computer literates can find them. Talk to me again after you have installed Arch Linux. Scratch that, Gentoo.

Elaborate for me a little bit. I will hear you out unless you criticize the new start menu. I cleared out all the default stuff and it is SO much more convenient than the Windows 7 and earlier start menus.

5 Likes

Also I would like to add that if you don’t like the way Windows 8 or even any version of Windows looks you can install an alternate shell. So for you people addicted to the OSX desktop interface.

1 Like

For me I actually use windows 8 myself (not 8.1) and I actually enjoy it. As someone who has also used windows XP and 7 I honestly prefer 8 to both of them. :trollface:

2 Likes

I use 8.1 and I see no problem with it really.

Since we’re now discussing Windows 8, 8.1 geuninely isn’t that bad. Granted, I use ClassicShell to bring back the Start Menu, but that aside, the rest of the OS is pretty nice. My only other bone to pick is the fact that they took away aero glass, but that’s purely cosmetic anyway.

7 Likes

I really liked the Aero scheme, wish they didn’t do away with that.

1 Like

YES! I have the same computer, and for video and graphics editing its more powerful than any Mac out of the box. And it doesn’t cost a small fortune and can actually play games…

1 Like

Both have there perks and there flaws. To me it doesn’t matter, I’ve owned macbooks and standard laptops with Windows. They all suck in there own way. It’s all about money so who really cares which is better. Everyone has a preference.

1 Like

Well people like to know and argue about other peoples preferences. Saying it doesn’t matter is like saying there is no point in telling someone what political party you belong to or what religion you believe in or what company sells the best potato chips. Mac vs. PC has been a debate that has been ongoing for years, almost everyone cares which is better and everyone who does care like to argue about it, especially computer geeks. This thread itself proves your point wrong.

Sorry I just don’t like people throwing out things like “who cares?” in the middle of a thread.

3 Likes

I stand by my statement

They removed the Start Menu. Your “Tile World” has no integration with the desktop whatsoever.

As a windows 8 user I can pretty much care less about the start menu being different. In fact not having it “integrated” with the desktop makes the start menu less distracting. (I kept getting distracted by the bright start menu button on windows 7) :trollface:

3 Likes

It’s okay to move along with things and ditch Windows 7. I know its everyone’s baby because they hate Microsoft for making their products better. But whatever, if you like the older Windows versions, then go ahead and stay behind on those.

1 Like

That’s a bad idea… One day Windows 7 will go the route of XP and you will be in a hole of trouble.

Sooooooo does that mean you support or are against Windows 8… Cause now I’ve seen both sides.