šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

EDIT:
Another thing i ran into:
If i start the server and promote a user via nickname, then a second entry will get created in perms.json. If the user is connected before i promote him, it gets added to his UUID entry.
The entry in question looks like this:

ā€œUUID is hereā€: [
{
ā€œoptionsā€: {
ā€œnameā€: ā€œTzkyā€
},
ā€œparentsā€: [
ā€œgroups listed hereā€
]
}
],

Is there any way we can start getting more updated information for PEX 2? It seems like most of the wiki is 1.0, (would be nice to at least have everything clearly labeled as which version).

For myself, I cannot figure out what the nodes for PEX are.

Unfortunately GHā€™s wiki doesnā€™t allow proper labelling ā€“ Iā€™ll try to spin up a site that separates those properly over the next few weeks, but dunno how long that will take. For now, youā€™ll want to take a look at some of the things linked in the initial post.

2 Likes

Canā€™t you just separate them by moving everything for 2.0 into the lower half of the wikis index?
Hosting it on readthedocs.org would be a possible solution too :wink:

+1 a PEX permission node list would be great.

1 Like

@zml We really need a /pex group delete/remove option for removal of unwanted groups that may have been accidentally created during implementation.

I have been using this for the last week but keep running into problems when I create a group by accident and since there is not remove option in the command it either has to sit there or I have to start from scratch adding in the groups one by one. I try to remove it from the configs but continue to have issues.

There is a way to delete a parent group: Check our @MoeBoy76 Guide
Help With Pex

Already exists: /pex <subject> delete

so for example /pex group thatgroupihate delet will delete the group `thatgroupihateā€™.

2 Likes

I keep getting this error when I input the command

Too many arguments!
Usage: %syntax%
Error occured while executing command:newData

This was the command I had input

/pex group Prospetor delete

Is there a possibility to delete a permission from a user or group? Currently the only option i know is to set the permission to false. However this will leave a lot of redundant perms in the json file over timeā€¦ Currently iā€™m cleaning it manually :confused:

Are you sure that group exists? It looks like a typo for Prospector.

yeah that is the reason I want to delete the group it was a mistake when I was imputing groups. When I tried to delete the group I got the above error.

I am also getting simular errors when I try to use /promote all appropriate groups are assigned the correct ladders and all permissions for /promote are assigned to proper groups.

The delete command error was a bug in PEX ā€“ itā€™s been fixed in the latest dev build.

Please paste the full error you got for the /promote command issue though ā€“ that is probably different.

1 Like

Im trying to create a default rank for my pixelmon server but im having issues doing so any ideas?

/pex default user parent add group Default

Adds all new users to group Default.

Thereā€™s a list with almost all command here:

Hello!

I cannot seem to get the ladder system to work properly. The ladders can be added in, but I cannot find a way to assign a rank to the groups, nor can i assign them to a ladder.

Any ideas?

i do it this way:

• first made the groups inherit each other:

pex group <groupname> parent add group <parentgroup>
example: pex group vip parent add group guest

• then i add the groups from above to the ladder:

pex rank <laddername> add group <groupname>
example: pex rank default add group guest

I repeat this until i have all groups inherit from each other and until i have all groups added to the ladder. I can now promote/demote users on the ladder:
promote user <user> and demote user <user>

This is how my (most basic) setup looks like without permissions !note that the admin rank has all perms!:

1 Like

i can i op myself? /op name dont work http://prntscr.com/a5atke

The op command is blocked by PEX, that is said in the message. The only way to have permissions is to configure PEX.

1 Like

Hello!

PEX does not seem to set the default user to guest. I tried with a friend of mine and he got zero permissions; I had to promote him to the guest rank, which is what he should have been set at.

Any ideas?

Look 5 posts above. I linked a guide where this case was explained already.

I even wrote down the command to add all new users to group defaultā€¦ Just change the group name to guest and it will work.