šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Would it be possible to have WorldEdit permissions for players without using OP on them? I havenā€™t found a way to actually circumvent how PEX blocks these commands from un-opped players.

Yes ā€“ make sure youā€™re using the latest 1.8.9 build of WE, and it should hook into PEX. (PEX doesnā€™t interact at all with the op system ā€“ itā€™s WEā€™s responsibility to hook into PEX, not the other way around)

1 Like

How the heck do I create a group? Iā€™m trying to use ā€œpex group Operator createā€ but it always says ā€œToo many argumentsā€ and gives me the crazy syntax, for the command, that i canā€™t understand.

You donā€™t create groups by name, you create them by adding permissions or options, so ā€œ/pex group Operator default trueā€ would create the group with all permissions

Thatā€™s contradictory to what the PEX wiki says. What documentation am I supposed to follow for this plugin? :pensive:
None of the commands from the PEX wiki seem to work. How the heck do I use this PEX??

Ok so with the help of this [unsupported Guide] PEX quick command reference I think I got it done. Here is my permissions file; does it look good?
http://paste.ubuntu.com/15288380/

The PEX wiki on GitHub is still targeting PEX 1.0 mostly. PEX 2.0 isnā€™t compatible to 1.0 in terms of commandsā€¦ Thatā€™s why you failed adding your group.

You can remove permissions-default: -1 from Default group. If a permission hasnā€™t been granted itā€™ll default to -1. Also: are you sure you want to grant Operators all perms?

My server is stuck on startup:

08.03 22:44:22 [Server] Forge Version Check/INFO [ForgeVersionCheck]: [Forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
08.03 22:44:22 [Server] Forge Version Check/INFO [ForgeVersionCheck]: [Forge] Found status: AHEAD Target: null
08.03 22:44:23 [Server] Server thread/INFO [ninja.leaping.permissionsex]: Pre-init of PermissionsEx v2.0-SNAPSHOT

After that it just stops. Not as stopping the server but as just saying ā€œServer thread/INFO [ninja.leaping.permissionsex]: Pre-init of PermissionsEx v2.0-SNAPSHOTā€ then the server does not start at all.

Running Forge 1764
Running SpongeForge 1190

What is the server doing then? Run ctrl + backslash and pastebin the output.

Not running Windows.

Iā€™m not either. Thatā€™s not a windows keyboard shortcut.

Alright So i followed these instructions nice btw. Two questions though. 1. How would i promote said player from Foo1 to Foo2 and how would i promote myself from Foo1 to Bar Thanks again!

Create new group Foo1
There's no operation to explicitly create a group -- groups will be added to the permissions file as soon as they have data.

Make it so when new users join the server they are assigned to group Foo1
/pex default user parent add group Foo1

Make two more groups: Foo2 Foo3
see above

If a user in group Foo is promoted, they go to Foo2 group
if a user in group Foo2 is promoted, they go to Foo3 group.
/pex rank default add group Foo1
/pex rank default add group Foo2
/pex rank default add group Foo3
A fourth group is created: Bar
Bar has all permissions, aka "*"
/pex group Bar def true
Bar is not in the ladder of Foo1 .. N
Create a set of groups, X, Y and Z where these groups are not in any promotion ladder but simply are containers for distinct permissions and so I can inherit them as such:
Foo1 inherits X
/pex group Foo1 parent add X

Foo2 inherits X, Y
/pex group Foo2 parent add X
/pex group Foo2 parent add Y

Foo3 inherits X, Y, Z
/pex group Foo3 parent add X
/pex group Foo3 parent add Y
/pex group Foo3 parent add Z

/pex promote user <name>

How to use mysql db? it true ?
permissionsex.conf
# The list of backends able to be selected backends { # This will be the default backend once SQL database support is implemented # default { # type = sql # url = "jdbc:h2:permissions.db" # } simple { # Place file entries in alphabetical order type=sql url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/aavikme?user=root&password=aa" } } debug=false default-backend=simple server-tags=null version=0

Thank you turns out it was /pex user [User Name] parent add group

The SQL backend is not yet implemented, so you canā€™t yet.

What version is this for?
Cause Iā€™m using it with spongeforge-1.8.9-1763-4.1.0-BETA-1212 and itā€™s not working

Please be a bit more precise:
What isnā€™t working?
PEX is supposed to run on API 4.x.x.

I just tested PEX with this exact version, and it is running smoothly.

I am not sure if this has been covered before or not in this thread.

I am having issues being able to run commands from my console with PEX installed. I do have EssentialCmd installed with it

You do not have permission to use this command!```

Running right from the host console.