🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

I just need use perm we in pex thats all ?
Thx!:heart:

so i added this to my server and im using essentialcmds but when i add the permissions it does not work im not sure whats up with it but i guess ill need to wait for a more final release
im not gonna lie i did preffer essentials group manager over premissionex since i couldnt get permissionex to work back on bukkit either :stuck_out_tongue:
so a legit video tutorial on completion would be nice XD

i followed everything correctly i had the groups and permissions in but when id use a command it would say i dont have permission so im giving up

Do you already know when the (my)sql backend will be implemented?

Alright, everything is working fine!

I go all good.

Thanks mate!

I would like to know the node to PEX. Meaning to deny all pex perms to players.
Im trying /pex group default perm false
However i need the node.
Any suggestions/help?

Would it be possible to have WorldEdit permissions for players without using OP on them? I haven’t found a way to actually circumvent how PEX blocks these commands from un-opped players.

Yes – make sure you’re using the latest 1.8.9 build of WE, and it should hook into PEX. (PEX doesn’t interact at all with the op system – it’s WE’s responsibility to hook into PEX, not the other way around)

1 Like

How the heck do I create a group? I’m trying to use “pex group Operator create” but it always says “Too many arguments” and gives me the crazy syntax, for the command, that i can’t understand.

You don’t create groups by name, you create them by adding permissions or options, so “/pex group Operator default true” would create the group with all permissions

That’s contradictory to what the PEX wiki says. What documentation am I supposed to follow for this plugin? :pensive:
None of the commands from the PEX wiki seem to work. How the heck do I use this PEX??

Ok so with the help of this [unsupported Guide] PEX quick command reference I think I got it done. Here is my permissions file; does it look good?
http://paste.ubuntu.com/15288380/

The PEX wiki on GitHub is still targeting PEX 1.0 mostly. PEX 2.0 isn’t compatible to 1.0 in terms of commands… That’s why you failed adding your group.

You can remove permissions-default: -1 from Default group. If a permission hasn’t been granted it’ll default to -1. Also: are you sure you want to grant Operators all perms?

My server is stuck on startup:

08.03 22:44:22 [Server] Forge Version Check/INFO [ForgeVersionCheck]: [Forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
08.03 22:44:22 [Server] Forge Version Check/INFO [ForgeVersionCheck]: [Forge] Found status: AHEAD Target: null
08.03 22:44:23 [Server] Server thread/INFO [ninja.leaping.permissionsex]: Pre-init of PermissionsEx v2.0-SNAPSHOT

After that it just stops. Not as stopping the server but as just saying “Server thread/INFO [ninja.leaping.permissionsex]: Pre-init of PermissionsEx v2.0-SNAPSHOT” then the server does not start at all.

Running Forge 1764
Running SpongeForge 1190

What is the server doing then? Run ctrl + backslash and pastebin the output.

Not running Windows.

I’m not either. That’s not a windows keyboard shortcut.

Alright So i followed these instructions nice btw. Two questions though. 1. How would i promote said player from Foo1 to Foo2 and how would i promote myself from Foo1 to Bar Thanks again!

Create new group Foo1
There's no operation to explicitly create a group -- groups will be added to the permissions file as soon as they have data.

Make it so when new users join the server they are assigned to group Foo1
/pex default user parent add group Foo1

Make two more groups: Foo2 Foo3
see above

If a user in group Foo is promoted, they go to Foo2 group
if a user in group Foo2 is promoted, they go to Foo3 group.
/pex rank default add group Foo1
/pex rank default add group Foo2
/pex rank default add group Foo3
A fourth group is created: Bar
Bar has all permissions, aka "*"
/pex group Bar def true
Bar is not in the ladder of Foo1 .. N
Create a set of groups, X, Y and Z where these groups are not in any promotion ladder but simply are containers for distinct permissions and so I can inherit them as such:
Foo1 inherits X
/pex group Foo1 parent add X

Foo2 inherits X, Y
/pex group Foo2 parent add X
/pex group Foo2 parent add Y

Foo3 inherits X, Y, Z
/pex group Foo3 parent add X
/pex group Foo3 parent add Y
/pex group Foo3 parent add Z

/pex promote user <name>

How to use mysql db? it true ?
permissionsex.conf
# The list of backends able to be selected backends { # This will be the default backend once SQL database support is implemented # default { # type = sql # url = "jdbc:h2:permissions.db" # } simple { # Place file entries in alphabetical order type=sql url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/aavikme?user=root&password=aa" } } debug=false default-backend=simple server-tags=null version=0

Thank you turns out it was /pex user [User Name] parent add group