šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

My permissions here http://pastebin.com/wGzL75JX

How can I assign world edit permissions without giving players an OP group? I am trying
/pex group Builder perm worldedit.* true
Though this is not working -does someone know what is the problem here?

Using just worldedit true should work, wildcards donā€™t exist in Sponge as they are assumed

1 Like

Correct. Wildcards arenā€™t supported anymore. Just giving a permission will grant all sub-perms. So if:

• you want to limit access to only subcommands, then you must list them separately.
  • you want to grant access to all subcommands (and the main command) then just grant the perm for the command.

That said granting worldedit will grant access to worldedit.<somerandomcommand> too.

1 Like

When running this plugin, I try doing any command and it gives me a respone ā€œtoo many argumentsā€ What is going on?

You got the syntax or command wrong.

A little help:

Thank you very much! I currently setup the Admin and Trainer rank. Is there a command where I can view the ranking ladder or all the ranks I have?

Afaik no, but you can open the permission file with a text editor of your choice. Itā€™s inside the config folder of your server.

If youā€™re familiar with json, you can edit it directly too. But Note that this is completely unsupported.

There is /pex ranking [ladder_name], which should at least display the ladder.
Caveat: It hasnā€™t always worked for me :confused:

Do I happen to need a chat related plugin in order to have colored text?

Currently plugins connected to the issue I have installed are essentialscmds and PEX.

I am aware setting said command /pex group {groupname} option suffix ā€œcolorā€, however that command only sets the character between the username and message a specific color.

{rank} {name} : {msg}
ā€¦ ^

It worked fine by me, I only have PEX for those colored tags.

This might seem like a nonsensical question but, how would I completely hand over all permssion nodes, including the ones used to manage the PEX plugin? I am having trouble finding the actual permission nodes for the plugin.

2 Likes

Have you tried if /pex user <someuser> def true works? It should grant "permissions-default": 1 to in the permission.json file.

Would that go for the default rank? I am not meaning to enable that for it, but only for one specific rank - only I donā€™t know how to enable that.

You can grant a group all permissions, yes. However thatā€™s not recommendedā€¦

2 Likes

It would be nice to get the documentation / nodes for PEX since the updateā€¦

4 Likes

ive been having problems with the permissions not working and commands not working

Then youā€™re doing something wrong. Also ā€œit doesnā€™t workā€ isnā€™t a good post to get some helpā€¦ Please be a bit more specific :wink:

well i am pretty sure Iā€™m not doing something wrong because this has happened twice and both times the plugin was working earlier and i didnā€™t add anything. Itā€™s almost like the plugin disables itself and it takes away most of the commands my console can preform. not sure what to send that would be helpful to you. tell me what you need to figure out my problem please.

1 Like

The server log is pretty much always a good place to start. Also the output of /sponge version would be useful.

1 Like