🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

The SQL backend is not yet implemented, so you can’t yet.

What version is this for?
Cause I’m using it with spongeforge-1.8.9-1763-4.1.0-BETA-1212 and it’s not working

Please be a bit more precise:
What isn’t working?
PEX is supposed to run on API 4.x.x.

I just tested PEX with this exact version, and it is running smoothly.

I am not sure if this has been covered before or not in this thread.

I am having issues being able to run commands from my console with PEX installed. I do have EssentialCmd installed with it

You do not have permission to use this command!```

Running right from the host console.

I came across something similar early on. The console was inheriting the properties of the default group, including the permissions being false. I ended up rebuilding my PEX file to fix it.

Hmm that will be something I will try

Since this is in development why don’t you go with the rest of the WIP plugin devs to the WIP plugins? Is it that this has a stable build? Maybe consider it. Love PEX plugin. Glad someone updated it!

I use this /pex default user parent add group Default but players dont go to the group Default…

have you created the group called Default before running that command? Also note that the groupnames are case sensitive.

Which column of the pex equivalency page is the good ?
Can we use command in game ?

I tried a lot of commands but I always have the message :

Too many arguments !
usage: /pex …

I’m a little lost with this mod (and the always same error message).

yeah i did, also it is in case sensitive too

My permissions here http://pastebin.com/wGzL75JX

How can I assign world edit permissions without giving players an OP group? I am trying
/pex group Builder perm worldedit.* true
Though this is not working -does someone know what is the problem here?

Using just worldedit true should work, wildcards don’t exist in Sponge as they are assumed

1 Like

Correct. Wildcards aren’t supported anymore. Just giving a permission will grant all sub-perms. So if:

• you want to limit access to only subcommands, then you must list them separately.
  • you want to grant access to all subcommands (and the main command) then just grant the perm for the command.

That said granting worldedit will grant access to worldedit.<somerandomcommand> too.

1 Like

When running this plugin, I try doing any command and it gives me a respone “too many arguments” What is going on?

You got the syntax or command wrong.

A little help:

Thank you very much! I currently setup the Admin and Trainer rank. Is there a command where I can view the ranking ladder or all the ranks I have?

Afaik no, but you can open the permission file with a text editor of your choice. It’s inside the config folder of your server.

If you’re familiar with json, you can edit it directly too. But Note that this is completely unsupported.