🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Yeah, that’s on the feature list, and one of the last big features remaining to be implemented.

1 Like

What is the grade default on the first connection

This plugin is slowly breaking on me. I cannot add certain people to a group or even add permissions, change prefixes, change amounts of homes (EssentialCmds). On some people it works and some people it doesn’t. I have a new admin i’m trying to teach and he has the documentation right in front of him and half of the commands spit back “To many arguments!”.

I tried updating to see if that was the problem but I can see it’s not. Nothing works. Can there be a fix to this?

Thanks

Currently Running:
SpongeForge: 1347
Forge: 1890

1. All the documentation on the wiki is for 1.x. 2.x documentation is in PermissionsEx/doc at master · PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx · GitHub

2. If a user hasn’t logged in before, their uuid won’t have been stored yet and if PEX doesn’t have the uuid it can’t create a record for them.

1. We were looking at the right documentation.
  2. The users we were trying to edit had all logged in weeks/months before now.

We solved it though. Turned out the problem was case sensitivity, we were trying to use capitals where the usernames did but the plugin only accepts the usernames if they are all lowercase or all uppercase.

e.g. /pex user LordMikeXY info wouldn’t work and only gave a “To many arguments!” response but /pex user lordmikexy info and /pex user LORDMIKEXY info both worked perfectly.

It works both ways for me. usernames are not case sensitive but ranks are. I think you forgot to put “info” on the first one cuz that’s when it says “too many arguments” (although it’s ‘too few’ in a way)

1 Like

Do you have a chat plugin that would work well with this plugin?

How can I let the players not destroy the block in one of the world?
I don’t want to use the Adventure mode

Get a land protection plugin like FoxGuard

Why i must setup the permissions in JSON? Can i use YAML as i did before in Bukkit PEx?

No, we’ve moved to JSON because it is less error-prone, has more widely-available tooling, and is less difficult to work with for PEX2’s new data structures. We will not be switching back to yaml.

But for me, JSON is too complicated and it makes some difficulties porting my old YAML PEx’es

I’m not sure why there’s difficulty porting since PEX converts automatically

Then how do i put old YAML perms into new PEx? And into what file it will be outputted?

Just place the contents of your old plugins/PermissionsEx folder into config/ninja.leaping.permissionsex (without anything added by PEX2), and when you start the server the file will be converted.

Thanks i will try this tomorrow

Can we make chat colored names obey the prefix like in old Bukkit? Usernames are white even if the prefix in PEX has a color code as the last value. It could be an essentialscmds problem.

1 Like

PEX has no control over how prefix values are interpreted – that’s all your chat plugin – I guess EssCmds in this case.

1 Like

Dont know if I am missing it but i used to have a .json file and now I have an mv.db file? Is this supposed to happen?

All pex 2.0 does when i try to enter commands is say the arguments are too large