🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

That’s expected if you’re starting with a new server – the new default backend is a H2 database, rather than file.

Is there a way to change it to a json?

Is it possible to go back to the .json? Or how to see all the code for Pex. I prefer being able to physically see what perms are in what groups. Does this mean it is ALL in game now through commands?

with JSON is there any way to get permissions and members data split into separate files? I want to sync data between two sub servers on a bungee network but have different permissions for the groups that apply. Was intending on using a link to “trick” the game into taking the users data from another file elsewhere.

How can I go about including this within gradle?
I want to use this in my plugin, also what’s the line of code to get the user’s group? (More specifically, their highest group)

I don’t see a permissions.json? Am I supposed to edit permissions.mv.db? The only things I have in the config directory are ninja.leaping.permissionsex.conf and permissions.mv.db. Plus, permissions.mv.db is about 6500 lines of text I can’t read. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

[EDIT] Nevermind, had the wrong backend set.

You didn’t have the wrong backend – the default backend is sql and whichever backend you use the recommended way to edit the permissions data is using the ingame commands.

Awesome plugin!
I was wondering if there was a command to delete permissions from groups, as some of my prior spelling mistakes when adding permissions are bugging me that they still exist

That’s pretty much the same as setting permissions – just rather than setting the permission to true or false, the permission is set to none. So the command would be, for example to delete the permission wrong.permission from the group vip, /pex group vip perm wrong.permission none.

2 Likes

Hey I am running PermissionsEx-Sponge ( no version number that i can see but in game shows
PermissionsEx V2.0-SNAPSHOT

I accidently created a group member as well as Member. and I can not get the wrong group to delete.

/pex group member delete does not throw any error on screen but does not delete the group either.

Thank you for your time

in the past I would of gone into the file to remove but cant do that now.

Is there away to have different permissions for different worlds? Example world, nether, end?

So, is there no way to get a .json file for editing manually? ingame is so much of a hastle

Open up ninja.leaping.permissionsex.conf and edit where it says “default-backend=default” and change it to “default-backend=default-file”. The json file should appear for you edit manually.

I did what you said exactly as it sounds, but for me no file appeared. So if im wrong where should i expect this to be in my server folder if i happened to miss it.

“not loaded at all” means nothing. If forge doesn’t pick it up, you don’t have sponge installed or you don’t have pex installed. If you get an error, you should be posting the error.

My apologies, it was a known issue between forge and sponge. (1483 and 1968)

Does this support 1.9.4? There was no mention of 1.8.9 or 1.9.4 in the OP

I know it works with 1477 and below. 1489 and above causes server to crash outright.
I’ve been trying to get a server running RP and this mod. RP still has block issues on all versions (1477+) and as I mentioned, this one wont work above 1489 for me.

There’s currently no stable API available for 1.9.4+, so there aren’t builds yet. There is a development branch on PEX’s repo tracking api changes than you can build yourself, but without a stable API (and also with Sponge’s repos still having 1.8.9 on master) I’m not going to be having the default downloads be building against the newer API just yet.

Players of my default rank are unable to pick up and drop items. Would anyone happen to know why this is?