Pieconomy - An economy plugin that uses items as currency

Sorry, I didn’t notice that part. :sweat_smile:
Thank you very much!

A new version has been released for Pieconomy, it is available for download here.

• Made format{} much better.
  • Added per-account permissions.
  • Fixed an annoying bug with mod item types not being registered soon enough.

I have a question that how can players turn their money with lower value to the one with higher value? For example, if I have 100 coins with the value of 1, how can I change them to the coin with the value of 100?

I’ll add a command for that in the next update. Right now it only makes change downwards, and automatically. It’s generally assumed that your currency items have some way to convert between.

This plugin looks promising.
What happens when ones inventory is full? does it drop items on the ground or are they actually lost?
Any chance to get ‘vault’ implemented? it’s useful when selling items in a shop, or paying your rent automatically while you’re offline.

The economy API has that case covered - I return ResultType.ACCOUNT_NO_SPACE and it is up to the utilizing plugin to figure out what to do with that.
If by vault you mean a private bank type deal, I am hesitant to do so. The goal of the plugin is, as stated, to make money something that feels like part of Minecraft instead of a magic number stored in some plugin. Being able to automatically pull from and deposit into some specially marked chest decreases the money’s perceived in-game presence somewhat.

Having the money as items inside a block/chest/vault gives the ‘bank’ feeling, one that can be robbed and needs to be protected.

A new version has been released for Pieconomy, it is available for download here.

I probably took too long with this one, didn’t I.

• Added /exchange command; lets you combine items of lesser value into items of greater value. This will probably be updated later on to work better with fractions.

I noticed this plugin is still in beta!
Are you planning on releasing a ‘stable’ version anytime soon?

I’m updating my plugins to API 7 soon. As for the beta classification, I’m sure there’s still some kinks to be ironed out with calculation, and I don’t have offline players working yet.

1 Like

Updated to API 7.

1 Like

Fixes a bug where an error would be thrown whenever another plugin asks for a player’s balance.

I cannot figure out how to set up a server account. By default when I try an /pay to the default server account “Bank” it tells me “bank does not accept this type of currency!”

How do I configure it so it will? The only currency I have is gold, represented by the default gold nugget, gold ingot and gold block. I also added emerald and emerald block which are worth double their gold counterparts.

How do I configure the “bank” server account?! By default it is

server-accounts {
  enable = true
  autosave-interval = 20
  accounts = [
    {
      id = "bank"
      name = "Bank"
      currencies {
        values = []
        type = blacklist
      }
      negative-values {
        values = []
        type = whitelist
      }
    }
  ]
}

What do I add?

If that is the config, then there should be no issue. What is the rest of the setup? What other plugins are you using?

Full config:

items {
  "minecraft:gold_nugget" {
    currency = gold
    amount = 1
  }
  "minecraft:gold_ingot" {
    currency = gold
    amount = 9
  }
  "minecraft:gold_block" {
    currency = gold
    amount = 81
  }
   "minecraft:emerald" {
    currency = gold
    amount = 18
  }
  "minecraft:emerald_block" {
    currency = gold
    amount = 162
  }	
}

currencies {
  gold {
    decimal-places = 0
    name = {text = Gold}
    plural = {text = Gold}
    symbol = {text = G, color = gold}
    format = {text = "%{amount}%%{symbol}%"}
    exchangeable = true
  }
}

default-currency = gold

server-accounts {
  enable = true
  autosave-interval = 20
  accounts = [
    {
      id = "bank"
      name = "Bank"
      currencies {
        values = []
        type = blacklist
      }
      negative-values {
        values = []
        type = whitelist
      }
    }
  ]
}

version = 3

Other plugins: CustomChatCommands (a favorite of mine, thanks so much), FastAsyncWorldEdit, Keys, LuckPerms, SleepVote, Nucleus, and UniverseGuard.

I even removed everything aside from Pieconomy and Sponge itself, then regenerated my world and the problem still persisted. I’ve tried the following commands:

/pay Bank 5
/pay Bank 5 Gold
/pay Bank 5 gold

Every time it says the same thing–that “Bank” does not accept that currency.
I had 5 gold nuggets and 2 emeralds in my inventory when I did my testing.

• Fixed a bug making server accounts believe they didn’t accept any currency
1 Like

Hey, I love this plugin. But it has an issue in that I can’t use it with the nations plugin. I don’t know if it’s on your side or their side but it doesn’t work for me.

Quick idea: Make it so multiple currencies can link together, for example : 100 iron = 1 gold and when it displays your balance, it shows it as 1G 5S(silver) 3B (Bronze), then once you reach a threshold of whatever, say 100B= 1S, it displays as silver. Like in WoW.

It’s due to the fact that it can’t create an account for the nation. You need a system so that it would work with a plugin like nations which creates accounts for the nation.

That wouldn’t actually help with Nations. An ‘account’ just stores a bunch of currencies. Letting them be converted back and forth wouldn’t help. Meanwhile, I’ll probably add dynamic server accounts soonright now because I’ve been getting a few requests for that.

Added dynamic server accounts. Plugins like Nations should work now.