PixelmonShiny - Give players an item to turn on of their party pokemon into it's shiny form! Generations + Reforged!

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, PixelmonShiny. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

PixelmonShiny

Welcome to PixelmonShiny! This plugin is my first attempt to make a project serving both PixelmonGenerations and Reforged with as much common code in between as possible.

Info: I’m currently struggling with uploading the reforged counterpart, this one can be found in the github release section though.

What does it do?

PixelmonShiny allows you to give a (configurable) item to players, which can then be used to turn one pokemon in their party into it’s shiny or non-shiny form.
The selection is made over a GUI and the players can simply click the pokemon they want to modify.

Command/Permission

This plugin consists of only one command which is as follows:

• /giveshinyitem <player> [amount] Permission: pixelmonshiny.give.
    Gives a ShinyItem based on the configuration to the specified player (or yourself if you leave it out). Amount is optional and defaults to 1.

When you obtain a ShinyItem, all you have to do is right click while you are holding it in your main hand and it will bring up the PartyGUI for you to select from!

Configuration

Upon first starting your server with this plugin, it will automatically generate a default configuration for you already, so you could use it straight out of the box!
The default configuration will also contain plenty of comments to guide you through it, but just for coverage, I will list them here as well:

• guiTitle: This represents the title in the inventory window that gets openend when the player right clicks the ShinyItem. It supports minecraft colour codes (like &c for example)

• itemType: What kind of item you want the ShinyItem to be. This gets done over the <modid>:<itemid> syntax and can therefore also use pixelmon items! WARNING: Changing this will result in ShinyItems, which have been given out prior to changing this, breaking and no longer functioning as ShinyItems!

• itemName: The display name of the ShinyItem in game. Also supports minecraft colour codes. WARNING: Changing this will result in ShinyItems, which have been given out prior to changing this, breaking and no longer functioning as ShinyItems!

• itemLore: This represents the purple lore text that any item can have. This takes a list of texts which represent one lore line each. This also supports minecraft colour codes. WARNING: Changing this will result in ShinyItems, which have been given out prior to changing this, breaking and no longer functioning as ShinyItems!

That’s about it for this plugin already, it’s a small project looking at it, but I tried to learn more about the building process, including signing and maybe even automatic deployment (but this is far far away for now).

TO-DO(?)

Currently, I can’t think of addtional things to add, but if you feel like something is wrong or missing, please open an issue and I’ll see what I can do!

Thank you for looking at my plugin and reading until the end this text. :slight_smile:

A new version has been released for PixelmonShiny, it is available for download here.

Initial Release for Pixelmon Generations!

EDIT: Currently not able to upload the inital Release for Pixelmon Reforged, can be found in the github releases for now until I get it to work.

I feel incredibly dumb - I’m really interested in this plugin combined with the SimpleDexRewards mod that’s provided by the Reforged team, but I can’t figure out how to work Github enough to get the version for Pixelmon Reforged.

Thank you for any help. :slight_smile:

You can click this link: Release First Release · Polymeta/PixelmonShiny · GitHub, which will take you to the github release section. Under the first release you should see both the generations version and the reforged version for you to download.

Hope this helped you!

Thank you, you’re awesome! Also thank you for making this - it’s exactly what I had been looking for.

1 Like

I hate to bother you again, but I was wondering if you could help me with one more thing? I run this on a tiny server with friends, and I wanted the SimpleDexRewards (SimpleDexRewards - Pixelmon Wiki) to give out the ShinyItem (now named Ada’s Gift) every 10% completed. Just checking that it would work, would it go like this?

commands=[
“give %player% minecraft:sponge 1”

If I’m understanding it correctly. Again, sorry to bother you! I just want to make sure I have this right.

No this isn’t correct. This command would just give you a normal sponge. Look at the very top of this thread. It has listed the only command in this plugin which you need to use to get a shiny item.

On another note: You can also change the block in the config, it doesn’t have to be a sponge block.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Alright. I made it “/giveshinyitem” and while the command works, and the simpledexrewards plugin works with the default item (5 minecraft diamonds) it won’t gel nicely together - it’ll say it will give the reward but nothing pops up in the inventory.

Sorry about that! Looks like I’m going to have to have this handled manually. Thank you though!

Did you check the console for errors? Maybe there‘s an indication on why nothing is popping up in your inventory. And just to be sure, you‘d have to enter something like „giveshinyitem %player%“.

The console said that I had accepted the tier (and it showed up that I did in the logs for the DexRewards plugin/mod. But the console didn’t say anything about the command even running to give me a shiny item, so no errors either. When I ran it with diamonds, it did show up in the logs and the console that I had gotten them, as well as my inventory.

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!

Hey im having an issue where the token gets used if you click on any box in your inventory. is there a way to fix that?

I have a look if I can replicate the issue, if I can, I should be able to fix it too. :slight_smile:

thank you so much! if you could let me know if you were able to replicate it that would be very much appreciated

Hi im sorry to bother you again but this is a huge issue on my server im using reforged if that helps ive tried reinstalling but the item still disappears if you click something other than a pokemon

Sorry, I was a bit short on time, sorry! I wasn‘t able to recreate it myself, are there any errors in the console?

nothing shows up in the console when i use the item and when i click on my inventory and it disappears. could it be conflicting with another mod or pluggin?

the only think i can think of is i downloaded the generations file not knowing there was a difference i changed it back tot he reforged version and deleted the old config but are there more files i should have deleted?

No, that should be all. I will try again specifically with the reforged release and see how that works out for me.

Update 1.0.1

Bug fix release

Fixed an issue where the shinyblock disappears when clicking into an empty space.

Also bumped the pixelmon versions

You find the pixelmon generations version on the ore page:
J3lackSpirit / PixelmonShiny (spongepowered.org).
The reforged version can be found here:
Releases · Polymeta/PixelmonShiny (github.com)

Thank you for the report btw, I managed to find and fix the issue now!