Private plugin monitation

I have some small problem. I have a lot of server owners on my skype and write costum bukkit plugins for them. I don’t charge something. But they always offer me money (and pay me a lot). Like I even said no, and they send me money :trollface:. I know this isn’t allowed with sponge.

But is this even selling plugins? Like last time they paid 50$ to me for blocking the entityinteractevent (no kidding, it was for blocking pokemon riding globaly). I said you don’t need to pay me, but yeah they all know my email xD.

What do I need to do when I would write costum sponge plugins? Refund the money back?

As far as I am aware Commissioned work is fine with us as long as you aren’t charging people to user it after its been made.

I never charge :blush:. They offer…

1 Like

Then it would seem more like a donation for your hard work :smiley:

4 Likes

What’s your skype? I’ve always wanted to have someone who I could bug for things and slowly learn from how it was done over time

Ehm, try these lol:

–REMOVED–

Somehow people never find me on skype … . Its always me that has to add. I guess its a bug.
Probally it has something to do with msn. (Its a very old MSN account :ss)

just a piece holder to find me :ss. Meaby you succeed xD.

Basically: If it involves money keep it away from us, post commissioned modules are fine however.

YES! YES! You called Sponge plugins “modules!” :smiley:

3 Likes

I think this should be moved somewhere the public can view it outside of the lounge. After all, this is of interest for a lot of people out there (for some reason?!).

1 Like

Agreed, I’m guessing the plugin discussion subforum?

Moved<dnjsdjdjdjdj

I had placed it in the lounge, because I was afraid of majong(/Microsoft) and their eula. Not sure if it actually does violate it.

Pretty sure it doesn’t.

TL; DR: @disconsented is spot on. Being commissioned to work on a codebase is fine, selling the end product is NOT fine.

Normal IANAL statement applies.

You’re probably interested in this point in the Minecraft EULA:

Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. Modifications to the Game (“Mods”) (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them. We have the final say on what constitutes a tool/mod/plugin and what doesn‘t.

The difference here is that you would be paid to write the code for the mod/plugin, rather than selling the mod/plugin itself. You are providing a service to write the plugin, and not actually selling the plugin. There is nothing in the EULA to forbid that activity, so this situation is OK.

Basically, I could pay you to work on a plugin for/with me (essentially, paying for your time and knowledge, rather than your code) as long as I don’t sell it afterwards.

2 Likes

Oke :smile:. So selling plugins is actually placing them on a market or something and asking money for them. This “freelance” thing y is totally legal. Oke this makes me happy :).

Oops… . It wont happen again :ss. Its a long storry and I don’t want to de-rail this thread xD.

1 Like