Problem with GriefPrevention and Sponge on Sevtech Ages

I am having trouble with having GriefPrevention run on sevtech ages. The server runs but the plugin/mod for griefprevention won’t work in the game (the golden shovel and stick to claim land)
sevtech uses 1.12.2, I got the recommended version, and im stuck now. I got the griefprevention plugin that is compatible with 1.12.2

here is the github for it: GitHub - paladinsarchives/minecraft

this is the sponge forge i am using: 1.12.2-2838-7.4.7
https://spongepowered.org/downloads/spongeforge?minecraft=1.12.2&offset=0

Forge is 2860

This is the grief prevention mod/plugin im trying to install and use 16.8 - Files - Grief Prevention - Bukkit Plugins - Projects - Bukkit

Two problems here.
First of all thats a bukkit plugin. Sponge can only run sponge plugins.

Second issue is while there is a sponge version of grief prevention, it only worked on the earlier versions of sponge for 1.12.2.

The developer changed to grief defender that you need to pay for or compile yourself. I do have a tutorial somewhere on this forum of how to compile it yourself.

Hope that clears the confusion

Ah that seems like such a duh mistake

and yes i can compile it myself so long as the tutorial is able to be followed, do you have a link?

Yep. Managed to find it

I got to the 2nd to last line

" * Then run cd ..
*** Then run "gradlew" build** ← tried to do this

• find compiled jars in ./sponge/build/libs/"

Found AccessTransformer: griefdefender_at.cfg
<======-------> 48% EXECUTING [1m 47s]

IDLE
:sponge:extractMcpData > Resolve dependencies of :sponge:forgeGradleMcpData > mcp-1.12.2.pom
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE
IDLE

Not really sure whats happening here

Its resolving dependencies. Just let it run. If i remember the first time does take the longest as its downloading all the files required

It failed every time actually. I read your entire post and it seems something similar happened to someone else. So I followed those instructions and was able to go further, but then ran into another problem. it gets to 65% complete and gives me this:

Task :sponge:compileJava FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:sponge:compileJava’.

Could not resolve all files for configuration ‘:sponge:compileClasspath’.
Could not resolve io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.14.1-S7.1.
Required by:
project :sponge
Could not resolve io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.14.1-S7.1.
Could not get resource ‘https://jitpack.io/io/github/nucleuspowered/nucleus-api/1.14.1-S7.1/nucleus-api-1.14.1-S7.1.pom’.
Could not GET ‘https://jitpack.io/io/github/nucleuspowered/nucleus-api/1.14.1-S7.1/nucleus-api-1.14.1-S7.1.pom’. Received status code 401 from server: Unauthorized

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.
Use ‘–warning-mode all’ to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See Command-Line Interface

BUILD FAILED in 10s
10 actionable tasks: 5 executed, 5 up-to-date

specifically this step to get to the new error

"Found a work around.

If you go into the sponge folder you will see a file called build.gradle

If you open that and first remove the line 134 and lines between 97-100 and then 61-64.

That removes the need for worldedit, so then you need to put the old sponge plugin of worldedit in the libs folder.

This also stops gradle from checking the world edit url with a invalid name (resulting in the 503 error) - it seems recently that website has changed to make it just return 503 if it doesnt know the url. That stops gradle from checking the other urls for it"

Ah Nucleus’s maven has gone down.

No matter, should be a easy fix.

In the sponge folder you should see a file called build.gradle. Open that (notepad will open it)

Remove lines 129-131. Should be this

compileOnly ("io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.14.1-S7.1"){
        exclude module: 'spongeapi'
    }

Then download nucleus 1.14.1 from ore and place it in the libs folder with all the other plugins

Yep. As long as you have applied that fix it should be good. Its just since writing that, nucleus has been abandoned. I was hoping the maven was still up but the fix above should fix the issue

Awesome! it generated the Jars. It produced 3 files, and I put those in the same folder as the sponge.jar and well…it didnt work ;(
I went to put it into the folder and got this now

"net.minecraftforge.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException:
Duplicate Mods:
griefdefender : C:\Users\Paladin\AppData\Roaming\ATLauncher\servers\SevTechAges.\mods\griefdefender-1.5.10.jar
griefdefender : C:\Users\Paladin\AppData\Roaming\ATLauncher\servers\SevTechAges.\mods\griefdefender-sponge-1.5.10-SNAPSHOT.jar

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:466) ~[Loader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:428) ~[Loader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:568) ~[Loader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:98) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:333) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:125) ~[nz.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_51]

[03:07:48] [Server thread/ERROR] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Paladin\AppData\Roaming\ATLauncher\servers\SevTechAges.\crash-reports\crash-2023-09-30_03.07.48-server.txt
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state CONSTRUCTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
Exception in thread “Server thread” [03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: java.lang.NullPointerException
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:369)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.extendedPost(SpongeModEventManager.java:458)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:419)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImpl.postEvent(SpongeImpl.java:255)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImpl.postState(SpongeImpl.java:263)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImpl.postShutdownEvents(SpongeImpl.java:268)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.handler$znn000$postGameStoppingEvent(DedicatedServer.java:1813)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71240_o(DedicatedServer.java)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:589)
[03:07:48] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[03:07:48] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[03:07:48] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds
Press any key to continue . . ."

Glad it works. Ill update the original post with that fix.

As for your crash now, you only needed one of those files. The crash your getting is that sponge is detecting two plugins with the id of grief defender.

I cant remember which is the full grief defender but based on the file names i would assume griefdefender-1.5.10.jar is the full file

oh my god it works
im in fucking tears
thank you so much

1 Like

Hehe. Your welcome