Hello all, I’m Octo.
You may know me from forum lurking, random comments on IRC, or from the unofficial sponge server. I enjoy creating, whether it be block by block or word by word.
For a while I’ve been creating a RP map with a group of friends. With the builders that were helping out and the story creators working with me, the finished product would be one to rival WynnCraft. …Except not everything goes as planned. Because of the fall of Bukkit and the MS buyout, many of the friends and acquaintances gave up on Minecraft and Mojang, declaring it a dead art. This took the group down from 19 to 2 ( @SHADOWeyes and @octoshrimpy). Real life took a hold from then, and not much progress had been made. Then an idea struck me:
- There are plenty of people who want to do something minecraft/sponge-related, but do not know where to start, or what to do.
Which brought me here:
Calling all like-minded builders, of any age, of any style, any person who has had a great RPG idea, whether great or small, and anyone who is willing to put in any bit of input into the project.
This project has become a mix of an old plugin idea and a book I am currently writing. (three books, technically, but all happen at the same time. Timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly stuff)
Because it’s still under design, I cannot say more than:
Time-travelling RPG with multi-angle quests, a crazy storyline, bad guys, good guys, all played by a small team of players, specially designed for youtubers.
- Custom plugin
- Terrained map (that looks good from player’s perspective)
- Many building ranges and styles
- from Egyptian to Retro-punk to modern post-apocalyptic
- Curated quest system to handle a variety of playing styles and group sizes
- Idea Generators:
- people who come up with crazy, off-the-wall ideas and come up with how it’s possible
This is being developed for sponge, and (hopefully) will later be ported to bukkit.
If any of this has tickled your fancy, or created a spark (whether curiosity or creativity), and you’re willing to help out, please let me know below (what you’d like to help with), as we need any help we can get.
-- Thank you in advance, Octo <3