Project Cryogen - Looking for Artists, Builders and Developers

I know, I was just saying.

Why the dislike for wordpress? I’ve found that with many clients who aren’t experienced with HTML that it gives them a website that they can edit even without somebody who’s code savvy.

It’s slow, No AJAX, Not Flexible and the UI is fugly.

1 Like

Wait are you talking about the wordpress blogging service or the wordpress you install on your own webserver? Also I’ve gotta say I’m not a huge fan of AJAX…

@cae1136 & @WetSponge, offtopic, can you take it to PM or start a linked thread, please? thanks! <3

On a side note, Frostbite concept had a redesign, and we’re working hard to get a base setup so all you beautiful people can help. :slight_smile:

I’ll be messaging you individually as we need your skills!
Thank you for believing in us,

much love, Octo

1 Like

Both, They are the same.

Also, What is wrong with AJAX?

Common guys bring it back on topic

Frostbite- Current status
As an Update, firstly we would like to thank everyone who has helped thus far into the project, And everyone who helps us in the future. However as previously said by Octo recently we have had to massively redesign certain key aspects of the game in order for it to become the best experience possible.

Main goals for the short and long term future:
(SHORT TERM)
-From this we are aiming to release modularly with a more survival/ community base experience coming first expected to be this month (December 2014), this will allow players to come on and begin to build relationships, and Capital; contributing to the economy, that will be invaluable in the future of Frostbite! (further details will be released within the next few days)

-We are currently in the process of developing a website courtesy of @WetSponge, this aims to be fully fleshed out with, Forums, Statuses, Statistics, and Wiki (Which will be Hand written by myself and the rest of the core team) Digital Art work is also in development, and in professional hands this aims to give the site its own original feel and look unique to us! (more details will be given as they become available, and the Estimated time of completion is Late December to early January!)

(MID TERM)
-Next will come array of Diverse and Unique Arenas (10-20 different settings and sizes that will be designed for 3v3 5v5 12v12 styles of play) within this system players will be able to build up a secondary currency (Honor points) that are solely used for pvp, to buy gear and gold. (more details will be released as they become available)

(LONG TERM)
-Building from that the full RPG experience Aiming to be the a Highly detailed story and world we have many things that are in the works such as; A robust quest system complete with a long and thorough main story line that we hope will really interest all of you, accompanied by many side missions, and weekly reset quests stemming from the main story all of which will be rewarding to the players who wish to partake, Npc characters, and entire World(s) to explore!
(The current expected time frame for this is yet unknown Spring of 2014 hopefully, however all the resources needed are either in production, or already finished and being polished)

Thanks for supporting us throughout the Projects life span thus far!
Regards,

SHADOW

3 Likes

As a member of the FoundationDriven team,
I can tell you that (As far as i know) we are in the design stage for most modules, @Exstar can give you updates for that sort of stuff ( You may want the Economy API )

1 Like

The project is NOT dead. We are secretly planning awesomeness without you knowing, players.

1 Like

I can confirm this. :smile:

This doesn’t even begin to cover it. Let’s just say that 3 (yes, 3) maps are finished, and the main plugins are almost done. Soon, very soon, will we have a beta release. :smiley:

You never got back to me on helping out

Have youself some bacon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Aren’t you in the PM group?

Hello, mate!
I have been managing some servers since quite a long time now (I think since beta 1.8). I’ve never done something of great scale due to my low age (I started Minecraft around 12, I am now 16, which is still kind of low).
Anyway, through all that time, I have found loads and loads of plugins (I once installed 173 different plugins on my personnal server).
Generally, when you ask me to get a specific feature in your server, I am able to provide a list of plugins, and how to use them, to achieve that feature (a few configs but no coding involved).
I also think I can help at launching crazy ideas.
If you still are interested in the project, you can find me on Skype at the old and shameful (but representative of my past mentality) address of :

chaeristheg33k

Try me ? (no homo)

Glad to have caught your interest! :D We’ll message you as soon as we need your input!

I prefer thinking of homo as Schrodinger’s cat. it’s never implied, until you mention it. ;)

2 Likes

OP is a faggot ? :wink:

By the way, since the server looks quite developped already, I don’t think you need a lot of work from me.
So I might not spend 100% of my free time on the project (unless I realize I really like it and you need that much work), especially because I’m currently spending some of my time playing games with friends (but as I said, that can change without being a problem if I really feel like it), I just hope it’s not a problem.

Also, just to know, how many peeps are working on it currently ?

I’m working on it, But I honestly don’t know who else is other than whoever’s in our secret den of conversing.

I made a EsperNet channel at #FrostBite. Feel free to join. May or may not be official.

Just as an update: There are currently around 10 people working on the project, however were looking into recruiting more as we speak! :smile: