Project Worlds - World Manager

Okay, so this might seem a weird issue - I have a map with spaces in its name. How do I manage to rename it/remove the spaces? I find myself unable to use it anywhere.

Should be able to surround the name in quotes. For exampleā€¦

/world rename ā€œmy worldā€ myworld

1 Like

Alright, that did work but,

Now it states there is no world with that name. Whereas, if I do /pjw:world list, it is there.

Looks like the world is still loaded. Not sure why that wasnā€™t picked up though.

Would I have to unload it for it to be renamed?

((thanks for the quick replies btw))

Yeah it was suppose to warn you. Iā€™ll have to look into why it didnā€™t

Hmm. New to pjw - if this is my main world (and I also use EssentialsCmds) what would happen if I were to unload it? Silly enough, I need pjw to rename it - something I canā€™t do with EssentialsCmds.

Oh thatā€™s a problem. You canā€™t unload the main world. What I would do is mark a different or temporary world as the main world in your server.properties file, start the server. Unload the offending world, rename it, then stop the server and setup the newly renamed world as your main world again.

You might need to put the world in the imports folder because doing this may cause Dimension id conflicts.

1 Like

So I would ā€˜un-mainā€™ it, unload, rename, copy it off somewhere else, then delete it. Then I would import it and ā€˜mainā€™ it again. Last question, where would the import folder be?
Sounds like a walk in park - and a backup seems in order. :ā€™ā€™)
In any case, will try it sometime soon, Iā€™ll let you know if everything went smoothly along. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

1 Like

set level name in server.properties to something else
move world to imports directory
start server
verify world imported successfully with /world list
unload world
rename world
load world to make sure it was renamed successfully
stop server
move world back to server root
set level name in server.properties to the newly renamed world
start server
???
profit

I just tested this and it worked as expected.
If your using the latest version you should have a imports directory in the root of your server directory.

And yes backups are always advised

Update to 0.9.2 before performing this.

1 Like

Update v0.9.2

Release: Download Here

Notable Changes:

• Run migrator after worlds are loaded. Fixes dim id issues
  • Disable migrator on single player.
  • Fix typo causing modifiers to not work
  • Some modifier updates
  • Added bottomless ocean modifier
  • Re-wrote teleport command

@TrenTech

Alright, i ran some testā€¦ I removed Dynmap 2.3 and try running Project Worlds ā€œfillingā€ and it dont workā€¦ Dynmap wasnā€™t the causeā€¦ I even did create a new world to see if it worksā€¦ same result.

you may want to look in it.

Can you pastebin a new server log?

@TrenTech

hereā€™s the server log: http://pastebin.com/GEkid1i1

let me know if you need a crash report as well. it also produce crash report every time it stopped.

Yes please provide the crash report. From looking at the log, it seems that your server canā€™t handle the pre-generator but thatā€™s just an assumption. Iā€™m going to add some more options in the fill command sometime later on to help smaller server handle it

For now you might consider checking out Releases Ā· trentech/ProjectBorders Ā· GitHub
This has a more robust Pre-generator.

@TrenTech

ok hereā€™s the crash report: http://pastebin.com/fTJYSH86

alright. i will take a quick look at the Project Borders

ok there is one problemā€¦ that Project Borders is not updated to 5.0.0 API (sponge) and you should have noticed that my server is showing that i am using Sponge 5.0.0 not sponge 4. FYI.

@Zidane What do you make of this?

@Sparda Project Borders works with 5.0.0 even though the current release was built with 4.2.0. There have been no API changes between 4.x and 5.x that effect compatibility of the plugin. Matter of fact I made note to check before I suggested it, knowing thatā€™s what you were targeting.

@TrenTech

alright i will check it out. and what are the command isnā€™t it ā€œ/bordersā€? correct?

and let you know how it turned out.

Sorry about the lack of documentation. I havenā€™t officially released it, so nothing has been written up yet.

base command and permission is /border - pjb.cmd.border

Youā€™ll have to setup a temporary border then run /border generate

@TrenTech

alrightā€¦ is there ā€œborder getā€ where i can get information of the size that border is atā€¦

if its not defaultā€¦ please let me know