Project Worlds - World Manager

Dude a simple update to caption under the pic will clear any confusion. Like *the pjw command is no longer used, this pic is a help text example *

Instead of accusing people of looking at the example wrong when they noticed a command in it. I’m not trying to be an ass when i bring attention to this stuff I’m trying to help, but man you guys love making people feel stupid for pointing stuff out. Cause that makes sense i guess

I said I’d update it. Chillax.

I’m cool just saying work on the bedside manner. Not everyone here is a dev but we all want to help. You comment on A LOT of threads here and do great work but sometimes i cringe at the thought of your reply making me look dumb for not knowing something and then i choose not to give feedback. That’s not ideal, that’s all. I’m not mad just thought I’d put that out there in case you’re not trying to come across that way and didn’t know it, if you where then my mistake.

Thank u for the reply

Sorry, I missed your reply.

This gamerule only freezes weather, similar to doDaylightCycle freezing time. So you have to set the weather you prefer before setting the gamerule to false. So for example if you wanted it to rain all the time, you would do

/weather rain

followed by

/gamerule world doWeatherCycle false

1 Like

It works both ways Deathwhitch. Reading this makes it seem like your the one aggravating things not the other way around…

You’re right, this time I was. Prob a little of both. This time

back on forum topic I don’t know which is at fault on this one. Having a problem using project portals to teleport between worlds. Standard portal, nether like effects on it. I get no errors when setting up or using the portal but I notice this strange thing happen.

In game I appear to have teleported to the world as I should but I cannot interact with anything in that world, and any server commands I input effect the original world (IE /time) On my dynmap it shows me on the original world but in the co ords i am at in the world I should have tp’d to. So dynmap says I moved to place on one map, but in game I am actually walking around the other, just unable to interact with it. When I log out and back in I am in the original map but at the co ords i was standing in on the map i was trying to tp to. If this is getting hard to keep up with I can make a video of the event, I know this is hard to explain

using the API 5 of PJP (i know its unstable, but testing is need to make it stable right) newest sponge forge, forge pixelmon, and newest pjw and essentialscmds

How long ago did you download PJP? I’ve been pushing updates periodically but under the same version number so there’s a possibility it may have been fixed already. I’m not sure. It sounds like a familiar issue though.

This is Bad practice!

Redownloaded API 5 version last night actually. Just switched server host so I redownloaded the newest of everything then

It’s a super strange issue that I think I encountered once before using pixelmons built in warp plates that work like TP pads. I don’t have that issues with those in the latest version of pixelmon but they do have a new issue that keeps me from using them. They rapidly drain hunger and health bars on use and users with higher pings will die while trying to use them.

I don’t want to just dismiss it as a sponge tp thing though as using a command from essentials to tp will work just fine. Right now as a temp measure we use commandsigns plugin set to execute the essentials /tpworld command to handle the process but I would love to actual portals in my server again. Sign just aren’t very inviting and often new players overlook them

I know, but I’m lazy and these are only development builds anyways.

Teleportation has been a big issue for me in 5.x but I’m not sure it’s fully a Sponge issue. I’ve had similar issues with Forge as well.

Anyways do buttons, warps or anything else in Project Portals cause this issue or is it isolated to portals?

I’m at the office right now (yeah browsing sponge on the clock lol) and Can’t check. The only part of portals I’ve tried is the actual portals.

I’ll try the others when I get home tonight. Whatever method essentials uses in its /tpworld command works pretty well. Might be worth looking into that.

OK. I’m asking because portals function differently than for example buttons or a command from whatever plugin due to manipulating move events which allows any other plugin also listening to these move events, to cancel that action if desired. This way it doesn’t interfere with other plugins.

For example a portal could be in a area protected by some plugin like Foxgaurd, and you don’t want players interacting with stuff in that area, Foxgaurd would have to ability to cancel a player trying to use the portal. I hope this makes sense. I’m terrible at explanations.

(Not saying Foxgaurd does this, just using it as an example saying a protection like plugin could do this)

Makes sense, like disabling the motion detector on an automatic door

Wondering now though, if it would be easier to track collision with the portal part of the portal instead of the motion itself. If that makes sense, I know nothing about the code involved here or how it works. Just kinda throwing ideas out there to see if anything sounds doable

I say collision because the commandsign can use both interact and collision flags in gp to prevent players from using the command signs. Just curious if the portals could be used in a similar fashion

I wanted to use collision but this only works when a player enter within an actual block, like blocks that don’t take up the full diameter such as signs and torchs. Because the portals center is just air this type of event does not trigger. The Forge mod I’ve been working on does this but I created portal blocks that you actually walk through, similar to the default Nether portal. Because the nether portal effect is a physical block, it’ll trigger such an event.

Is there a way to make your plugin borrow the nether portal blocks and repurpose them for new portals?

Or maybe like pixelmon uses an invisible pressure plate (or as they call a tp pad) to trigger the event. Like have the portal frame require a floor to be considered complete and then /portal save would generate both the air particle effect blocks (for looks) and invisible pressure plates to handle the actual player interaction part. Not sure if either of those are possible, just think tanking this

invisible pressure plates? Sounds like a mod added item. This is getting into work around territory which I find messy. No worries, I’ll get it working properly. Once I isolate the problem I can begin coming up with solutions.

Yeah the invisible plates is prob a pixelmon item. wasn’t sure if normal plates would be an option. yeah the portals would be slightly uglier I guess but it could be a work around as a temp measure until the root of the original problem is found.

Like i said the actual problem throws back no errors and could go unnoticed until players start dying from enemies on one map while their body is in another. Want to help get it fixed as the portal possibilities in your plugin far surpass all the old portal plugins i use to run with bukkit

[quote=“Deathwhitch, post:494, topic:10170, full:false”]
[…]
In game I appear to have teleported to the world as I should but I cannot interact with anything in that world, and any server commands I input effect the original world (IE /time) On my dynmap it shows me on the original world but in the co ords i am at in the world I should have tp’d to. So dynmap says I moved to place on one map, but in game I am actually walking around the other, just unable to interact with it. When I log out and back in I am in the original map but at the co ords i was standing in on the map i was trying to tp to. If this is getting hard to keep up with I can make a video of the event, I know this is hard to explain[/quote]

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. This does not happen when using /world tp worldname. I have also only tested portals yet.

[quote=“TrenTech, post:495, topic:10170, full:false”]
How long ago did you download PJP? I’ve been pushing updates periodically but under the same version number so there’s a possibility it may have been fixed already. I’m not sure. It sounds like a familiar issue though.[/quote]

I wanted to test buttons, doors etc. and the latest commit of PJP but gradle build runs into errors now. I think this has to do with recent changes to Sponge.
This commit specifically but it’s just a guess as I am by no means a java developer.

I don’t want to flood this thread with error logs but if there is anything specific that might be of use, let me know @TrenTech

EDIT: Building PJP is working fine again. I can confirm that buttons and levers behave as expected while portals, doors and the likes are causing the aforementioned issues.