Project Worlds - World Manager

So its been a while but i have been interested to know when a world is created throw this plugin and i take that world to a single player game the blocks are different for mods i install. I was using an older vision of the plugin. i ask because thought the proses of making my server i have switched from your plugin to waterfall serval times. still trying to figure out whats more efficient. Every time i have made adjustments. I am just interested why this is. Thanks so much for this amazing mod!

aafter butting heads a bit with Trentech, I finally managed to get enough information on command usage to import and try loading a world. However, when I did
/world load worldname
I got
No values matching pattern 'worldname' present for world!.
Does anyone know what happened?

@Twisted_Code what does /world list return ?
Did you put your world in the import folder and then run your server ?

Also I am having a weird trouble. I have my main map, I imported an other one and created an other one. But when I try to import an other one (using the imports folder), the plugin renames my main world to the new map name :

on this screenshot, I use a freshly imported “modeles” world and the following commands :
/world list /world load modeles /world list

Why does it have such a behavior ?

@Keuterio the world list only shows the Overworld, Nether, End and two others, dim-11325 and dim-9999, I assume to be the Deep Dark and ExtraUtils2 Quarry Dimension.

I tried putting the world I was trying to import in the imports folder in the main server directory (as opposed to within the master World directory as it was before) and now /import doesn’t even find it. Previously, /import was detecting that it was a sponge world and instructing me to load it.

Post your server log and the steps you took to get where you are. Also what type of world are you attempting to import? (forge, bukkit etc). Most likely something is broken in the plugin.

@TrenTech I’m trying to import a world that was originally the main World, before the folder was renamed for a map reset. In other words, it has its own nether and stuff, but it’s implied I just want the overworld, and the plugin should probably be programmed accordingly.
steps were as follows

1. Installing Forge and a number of forge mods
  2. Installing sponge
  3. Installing a bunch of other plug-ins (which, along with the other mods, are hopefully listed in the server log)
  4. Renaming world to world.old
  5. Deciding I wanted to still be able to access the overworld of world.old, and to that end, Installing your plug-in
  6. Butting heads with you about command syntax
  7. Figuring out command syntax
  8. trying /World import worldname minecraft:overworld overworld, to which the plug-in replied
    sponge world detected /world load
  9. trying /world load worldname, which (along with a list of sub commands) returned
    No values matching pattern 'worldname' present for world!
  10. Following up on @Keuterio 's suggestions

here’s the server log.

So the issue is that the import command was meant for non Sponge created world’s, like Bukkit worlds. Also renaming the world folder doesn’t rename the actual world so it’s conflicting with the main world. It has to be renamed in the level.dat file. Couple options here. First you could drop the world in the imports directory that’s in the server root, remove dim1 and dim-1 seeing as you don’t plan on using nether and end for that world, and restart the server. From their it should…(should being the key word, it’s not full proof, make a backup first)…rename the world to something unique, move to the main world directory, and automatically load it. From there you can use the rename command to name it to something you prefer. Other option is to use something like nbt explorer to rename the levelname value in the level.dat file, rename to world folder to match the value, remove dim1 and dim-1 like mentioned before and copy it to the servers main world directory before starting the server.

It’s a lot to take in I know but it’s working around a few issues with the API not having native support for modifying servers dat files and the implementation not knowing how to handle world name conflicts. This should be less complicated in 6.x builds.

1 Like

What am I doing wrong when

and

?

Is there anyway to keep inventories from going between worlds?
I want a creative world and survival world, and creative things to not be passed into survival, while survival things to not be lost in creative world. Unfortunately, I would also need this to be world specific, as going into the Nether with no gear could be slightly problematic…

Yes, there is (drum roll) Project Inventories. :smiley:

1 Like

restart the server, the world should be automatically moved to the world directory.

So i know this use to work /world teleport Player World:1,1,1 but it does not seem to work for me now. it has been awhile. any help would be great!

spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2353.jar

projectworlds-5.1.0-0.11.4.jar

/world teleport <world> [-c <x,y,z>] [-d <direction>]

1 Like

Is there not a place to put player? trying to use an npc to teleport someone!

The teleport command is pretty basic. It’s not really meant to be special, the assumption is most servers include some form of essentials mod that include various tp commands.

1 Like

Hello !
Thank you for your mod it works great ! Would it be possible to add an Alias name to a world so when a player teleport there with ProjectPortals, the name of the world could be better ?

Hey love your plugin but for some reason the fill command doens’t seem to work?
i keep getting this error:

[13:15:55 ERROR] [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command ‘world fill #minecraft:overworld 50000’ for source EntityPlayerMP[‘JustNireon’/7, l=‘world’, x=-246.66, y=275.73, z=251.54]: org.spongepowered.api.world.WorldBorder.newChunkPreGenerate(Lorg/spongepowered/api/world/World;)Lorg/spongepowered/api/world/WorldBorder$ChunkPreGenerate;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.spongepowered.api.world.WorldBorder.newChunkPreGenerate(Lorg/spongepowered/api/world/World;)Lorg/spongepowered/api/world/WorldBorder$ChunkPreGenerate;
at com.gmail.trentech.pjw.commands.CMDFill.execute(CMDFill.java:70) ~[CMDFill.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:182) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:359) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:336) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:296) ~[SpongeCommandManager.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:1083) ~[bd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(SourceFile:818) ~[mi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(SourceFile:805) ~[mi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) ~[ip.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) ~[ip.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.lambda$onProcessPacket$0(PacketUtil.java:153) ~[PacketUtil.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.CauseTracker.switchToPhase(CauseTracker.java:159) [CauseTracker.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketUtil.java:152) [PacketUtil.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$zjg000(SourceFile:539) [fo$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [fo$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:46) [h.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImplHooks.onUtilRunTask(SpongeImplHooks.java:256) [SpongeImplHooks.class:1.11.2-6.1.0-BETA-6]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.redirect$onRun$zhf000(SourceFile:4168) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(SourceFile:1527) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(SourceFile:335) [lh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(SourceFile:562) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:466) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131]

For some reason when i teleport between world i cant right click in to command blocks. A simple log in and out fixes this but thought you should know. also would not let me save changes to scorebored. commands ran but would revert back when server restarted.

spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2353.jar

projectworlds-5.1.0-0.11.4.jar

(late reply to modulocraft) as Trentech literally just explained to me one post above yours, the world name that matters is the one in the world’s level.dat. Showing us that the folder is named spawnWorld implies you made the same mistake I made: thinking the level folder name is the one that matters

How can I IMPORT a world using your plugin?
quick response pls
it just show not enough arguments!!!