Project Worlds - World Manager

Just type /gamerule [worldName]

1 Like

ho! yes! thank you! :slight_smile:

Like I said latest changes to Sponge broke the way Iā€™m importing worlds. Eventually Sponge should be able to import worlds natively.

1 Like

If someone could test this with TerrainControl that be great. You can create a world using ā€œTerrainControlā€ as a generator name. Iā€™m no TerrainControl expert, so all i did was create a world, and made sure the config files generated

I also did a quick test with Biomes Oā€™ Plenty which from a first glance seemed to work fine to. Generator name is ā€œBIOMESOPā€

4 Likes

Can you add a possibility to access your commands via an alias? It seems like running EssCmds and PJW together makes me unable to access your /world command as both plugins overwrite it.

I already tried /pjw:world and similar commands without success.

EDIT:
Looks like /w did the trick.

It works.:slight_smile:
I remade the MineCon world from basic config settings on the Community Server, and hey presto, there it is. Iā€™ve only tried using fromImage mode with this so far, with a few custom biomes.

1 Like

yeah thereā€™s a space in the plugin id. Iā€™ll fix that in next build

1 Like

However we ran into another Problem. Iā€™ll describe the server setup first:

Worlds:
DIM-1
SoS8
DIM1
MineCon

All worlds except MineCon are loaded. We now try to load Minecon too via /w load MineCon. This works, but PJW reports a ID conflict and that it tries to solve said error. Shortly after that (~15s) the MineCon world gets unloaded again. If youā€™re fast enough and /w teleport yourself to MineCon in said 15sec, youā€™re able to actually play in this world and it stays loaded as long as youā€™re playing.

Is this intended?

I personally just register a single command with several (read: too many) aliases.

for example:

• /foxcore state
  • /foxc state
  • /fcore state
  • /fc state
  • /foxguard state
  • /foxg state
  • /fguard state
  • /fg state

are all equivalent.

That way, if there are any conflicts, it wonā€™t break everything.

2 Likes

i suggest using /pjw alias. Easy to remember and short. Also the same as the permission node :wink:

That load command is been a thorn in my side. Iā€™m doing a lot of terrible things to get around some of Spongeā€™s current issues. I did notice that worlds were unloading. Does the world continue to unload after a server restart?

1 Like

Havenā€™t checked yet.

Another issue:
If i disconnect on a world, then another user unloads said world while iā€™m gone. Upon reconnect a new world (Overworld is created and i get spawned in said world. Overworld canā€™t even get deleted after i manually unloaded it, tells me that itā€™s still loadedā€¦

Ok, tested further:

1. load a world (here: MineCon)
  2. tp to MineCon
  3. disconnect
  4. someone else does /w unload MineCon
  5. reconnect
  6. Overworld gets created, you spawn there instead of MineCon, same coords as when you left
  7. /w load MineCon
  8. tp to MineCon
  9. Now Overworld canā€™t be unloaded or deleted even if /w list reports that it is unloaded
  10. leave MineCon (tp to any other world than MineCon or Overworld)
  11. Overworld can get unloaded and deleted again via /w unload and /w delete
1 Like

Thatā€™s not cool. Iā€™ll see what I can come up with

1 Like

See edit above for further instructions.

I believe that the load/unload problems will be gone when you find the bug which created the Overworld world.

Suggestion:
TP the player to the default world. In our case it is SoS8, which is set as respawnworld for every world.
OR just let the admin specify a world + coords where every player gets respawned when the world he was last in got removed.

I was actually considering adding a config option to let server owners set there own aliases, but itā€™s not a super pressing issue right now

1 Like

aaaand another one:

If i use /w list and then click on a world to see its properties, you execute /world properties #worldname#. This doesnā€™t work if /world got overwritten :wink:

OK lets slow this train down a minute. So I donā€™t forget all this I would recommend creating a couple issue tickets for tracking. https://github.com/trentech/ProjectWorlds/issues

2 Likes

Oh, i overlooked that one. Iā€™ll report on Github :wink:
Just had to write it down fast before i forget anything.

EDIT: DONE!

1 Like

@TrenTech Hello. I saw that you added the mods support like BOP! And you canā€™t know how Iā€™m happy about that ^^ But in fact the /World create cmd have changed and Iā€™m not sure how does it works. Could you give me juste an example to learn how does it work please ? :slight_smile:

/world help create

1 Like