ProjectPortals - One stop shop for all things portal

Good evening!
I love all your plugins. They all used to work happily until I updated my server.
Now, almost all of them work… except for this one. Project Portals doesn’t seem to work properly and fills my server console with errors.

Some data before continuing:
Forge Version: forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2768-universal.jar
Sponge Version: spongeforge-1.12.2-2768-7.1.5
Sponge API Version: spongeapi-7.2.0-20190425.042712-16-shaded
Other Trentech mods installed (that do work): projectcore-7.0.0-0.2.1, projectworlds-7.1.0-0.12.2
Other mods installed: Craftbook S7.1-4.0-Alpha, LangSwitch, LuckPerms-Sponge-4.4.25, NPCs-3.0.0-MC1.12.2, PlaceholderAPI-4.4, prism-3.0.0-beta2-75-g9b005fd-12-g5435fdd-all, TotalEconomy-1.8.1, worldedit-sponge-6.1.9-SNAPSHOT-dist

I have tested Project Portals 7.2.0-0.15.2, 7.1.0-0.15.0, and 7.1.0-0.14.3. All of them either crash the server or (in the case of the latest one) don’t work.

Not sure if I’ll be able to paste an error log but if I cannot, I will try to post on the development page for the mod. I just hope you see this, because I used to really enjoy warping around worlds using this plugin as I have an adventure server.

The error I get happens right after the second “/portal save” command. On the /portal create command there aren’t issues in the client. Then I build the frame. Then it asks me to type “/portal save”, which I do. Then it asks me to fill it in. It doesn’t matter what I fill it with as, when I’m done, it asks me to type again “/portal save”, which, on the client, gives me this error: “Error occurred while executing command:null”. The console has a small red error spam. It doesn’t crash the server but it doesn’t create the portal:

[20:41:32] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command ‘portal save’ for source EntityPlayerMP[‘TGMagus’/567, l=‘world’, x=190.95, y=172.00, z=-179.07]: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.portal.PortalBuilder.build(PortalBuilder.java:98) ~[PortalBuilder.class:?]
at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.commands.portal.CMDSave.execute(CMDSave.java:48) ~[CMDSave.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:255) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:388) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:340) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:334) [SpongeCommandManager.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:1083) [dh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:960) [pa.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:939) [pa.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) [la.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) [la.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.phase.packet.PacketPhaseUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketPhaseUtil.java:193) [PacketPhaseUtil.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$zli000(SourceFile:539) [hv$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [hv$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_211]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_211]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:46) [h.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImplHooks.onUtilRunTask(SpongeImplHooks.java:297) [SpongeImplHooks.class:1.12.2-2768-7.1.5]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.redirect$onRun$zjm000(MinecraftServer.java:3963) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:723) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:397) [nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:668) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_211]

Help?
UPDATE: even if I update ProjectCore to version “projectcore-7.2.0-0.4.0-unstable” (the latest), it still fills my server console with red errors and fails to create portals.

What does your config look like? specifically this section:

portal {
            option {
                # Default ParticleOption type if supported, otherwise set "NONE"
                type=none
                # Default ParticleOption value if supported, otherwise set "NONE"
                value=none
            }
            # Default particle type for portals
            type="minecraft:witch_spell"
        }

If you’re taking feature suggestions, I would have few;

• Option to teleport in other dimension instead of server/world
  • Option to use X item(s) to enter the portal instead of price (Players would need to have the item(s) in their inventory)

I would much appreciate the changes, due there doesn’t seem to be any available, and this would
work perfectly in servers that doesn’t use any economy plugins.

1 Like

Can you explain this one?

Took me some time how to actually use the commands. Now that I know it’s possible to set portals for different dimensions by their ID, but that doesn’t seem to work for me:

Error occurred while executing command ‘portal destination nether dim-1’ for source EntityPlayerMP[‘Player’/706561, l=‘world’, x=525.64, y=65.00, z=78.46]: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.gmail.trentech.pjp.portal.Portal

Full Log

Summary

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.gmail.trentech.pjp.portal.Portal

at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.commands.portal.CMDDestination.execute(CMDDestination.java:47) ~[CMDDestination.class:?]

at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:255) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:388) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:340) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:337) [SpongeCommandManager.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:1156) [dh.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:962) [pa.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:941) [pa.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) [la.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) [la.class:?]

at org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.phase.packet.PacketPhaseUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketPhaseUtil.java:193) [PacketPhaseUtil.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$zlk000(SourceFile:539) [hv$1.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [hv$1.class:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_191]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_191]

at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:46) [h.class:?]

at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImplHooks.onUtilRunTask(SpongeImplHooks.java:307) [SpongeImplHooks.class:1.12.2-2825-7.1.6]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.redirect$onRun$zjo000(MinecraftServer.java:3970) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:723) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:397) [nz.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:668) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_191]

That was a bug. Update to the latest dev build here

https://trentech.org/jenkins/job/ProjectPortals/

If you’re talking to me, my pjp.conf config file doesn’t have it looking like that.
Here’s a paste of the entire pjp.conf:

options {
# Default number of homes a player can have
homes=5
# Particle effect settings
particles {
creation {
# Default Color of Particle if supported, otherwise set “NONE”
color=NONE
# Default particle type when creating any kind of portal
type=“WITCH_SPELL”
}
# Enable particle effects
enable=true
portal {
color=NONE
# Default particle type for portals
type=PORTAL2
}
teleport {
color=RAINBOW
# Default particle type when teleporting
type=“REDSTONE_DUST”
}
}
portal {
# Use legacy portal builder
“legacy_builder”=true
# Maximum number of blocks a portal can use
size=100
# Toggle if portals can teleport items
“teleport_item”=true
# Toggle if portals can teleport mobs
“teleport_mob”=true
}
# World radius for random spawn portals.
“random_spawn_radius”=5000
# Set message that displays when player teleports.
“teleport_message” {
enable=true
“sub_title”="&bx: %X%, y: %Y%, z: %Z%"
title="&2%WORLD%"
}
}
settings {
# Toggle on and off specific features
modules {
back=true
buttons=false
doors=false
homes=false
levers=false
plates=false
portals=true
signs=false
warps=false
}
sql {
database=pjp
enable=false
password=password
prefix=NONE
url=“localhost:3306”
username=root
}
}

That would be why it’s throwing errors. Delete your config while the server is stopped so it’ll regenerate a new one on start up

Wh00t, it loads up without those yucky red errors now!
However, I did not have a chance to test out the portal(s) yet.
They should work, hopefully!

Hello @TrenTech I have a problem with the portals the creation works very well but once the server restart, portals disappeared I am forced to recreate them

@TrenTech how do I allow other players to ender the portal? It keeps telling me to use /portal permission MyPortal perm.node

But i have no idea how to use the perm.node thing… can you give an example?

You are creating a node for the portal so it can be named whatever you want

/portal permission MyPortal pizza

then give players the permission node pizza in whatever perm mod you are using.

I’m guessing this plugin is dead? Trying to create bungee cord portal and it keeps telling me not in build mode.

I’m also getting this error by the way, on the latest version. Even when I try the example command /portal command MyPortal "C:give Notch minecraft:apple" it’ll tell me “Too many arguments”. Hope you haven’t abandoned this plugin yet, cuz it seems like you did :frowning:

Others have already created tickets:
https://github.com/trentech/ProjectPortals/issues/128

Is it possible to just create portal A, then portal B and then just link them together rather than creating portal A with coords to B and vice versa?

all portals are deleted after server restart. this was reported a couple times on github with no answer or fix. Is this mod still being maintained?

projectportals-7.2.0-0.15.2
projectcore-7.2.0-0.3.0
spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.2.1

I believe he did abandon it :frowning: I’m getting the same thing. I try to setup a portal to run a command but it gives me the usage to set a price for the portal.

Does this not work with nucleus world plugin?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IS THIS PLUGIN DEAD WHY DOES LITTERALLY NO COMMAND WORK?
If i try to use /portal command, it says in chat "Usage: /portal price
If i try to use /portal create and try to link portals, then the portal does not teleport me at all, it just displays the world name and coords on screen!

Im using version pjp 7.2.0 for 1.12.2.

How do you get the particle effects for the Nether portal and the End portal? I see it in the image but cant find it in game.