Qixalite Hub Project - Developers & Designers Needed

Qixalite Project

Welcome to Qixalite - Developers & Designers Needed

Who am I? What am I doing?
Hello, I am TheHolyKetchup or Ketchup for short and I am the creative lead as well as Owner for Qixalite. I’ve grown a large interest in Sponge and have now begun a journey to create a community called ‘Qixalite’ based around Minecraft and the Sponge Project.

What is the vision?
The Qixalite Minecraft server is meant to deliver quality game modes and minigames for everyone to use both from the classic Hunger Games to the new Kart Racing. What our core goal is for Qixalite right now is to be the leading Hub for game modes and minigames based on the Sponge API and not only that but persist into creating funky new game modes for all to enjoy.

A part from the generalised game modes and minigames that we all know as well as love, we also wanted to dive into a new realm to combine with the core idea of Qixalite. We want to incorporate Modded game modes and minigames as well; furthermore, a personalised launcher specific for our community that the public can download and utilise.

Specifically we want to target game modes that not many of the large Hubs would utilise which are RPG style game modes and revamp the idea of long term Faction PVP servers.

What are we looking for?

• 1 to 2 Web Developers (Node.js, Sails.js, Ember.js, and SANE stack)
  • 6 Developers (Java, Sponge, Git Utilisation etc…)
  • 3 Designers (Web Design, Resource Packs, Animation etc…)

What tools do we have to offer?

• Privately Hosted Gitlab Server

• Testing Server

• Custom Emails

More tools will be available in future, because once all spots are filled a meeting will be held on all the tools that the developers would like to have access to and things that we should plan on getting.

What stage are we at?
Right now we are at the planning stage of the project which we want to start establishing a team to involve more opinions and ideas. We have already begun an ideation phase and are still continuing, so you will not have much to catchup on once you signup with us.

What are the prerequisites?

• IRC +BNC is required for Devs as well as Teamspeak
  • Able to use Git

Application Format:

• What position are you after?

• Why do you want to join?

• Related to your position, what languages and/or skills do you have?

• What is your past experience related to the position you are seeking?

• Do you have any queries related to the project or me?

• Do you have any further special skills that could contribute to the
    team or project?

Please if possible comment below stating that you have messaged me with an application to signup with Qixalite.

Kindest Regards,
TheHolyKetchup

2 Likes

Qixalite Project - Update

Three Developer Positions Remain (Java, Sponge, Git Utilisation etc…)

Kindest Regards,
TheHolyKetchup

Minigames are such a pain to write :frowning:. It comes easier if you don’t need to worry about inventory data or just have the whole server for you. But still … .

Are their other non minigames related stuff that need to be done? Portal management, Cross server chat, etc … ?

@thomas15v Yes, the developers will not be completely focused on the entirety of minigames; there will be other core projects that will need to be done for example possibly a bungeecord based on Sponge or a revamped permission system or cross server chats, partying and adding friends etc…

We might possibly increase the amount of developers we are looking for since the largeness of the project, but we are only considering it at this time.

Kindest Regards,
TheHolyKetchup

Yay git! As much as I LOVE minigames (I can’t be bothered with ongoing games) I’m going to see how dominion works out.

I don’t talk on TS, so I guess I’m out. :stuck_out_tongue: But git as a requirement… OOOH YEAH!

@WetSponge Ok, nice to see you come and have a look. Hope that dominion works out and if not we always are looking for skilled people like you.

Kindest Regards,
TheHolyKetchup

@TBotV63 Do you have specific problems with using Teamspeak or is it that you do not have a Microphone. But, yes git is a major requirement for us right now and we will be pushing for Gitlab CI as a replacement for Jenkins.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

Teamspeak is just not efficient to work with. It works good for managing public servers. Because staff can quickly talk to each other. But if you develop a server from the ground. Its better to work with chat tools. Devs can re-read the stuff that has been talked about. It doesn’t require someone to write everything down.

Tools like:

are better for development.

4 Likes

+1 for slack, Especially the IRC gateway with Shout IRC

4 Likes

@thomas15v @WetSponge I shall update the post because we do have slack setup for use and remove teamspeak as a requirement and replace that with slack.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go for that, it’s very limited and I’ve had bad experiences. I’d stay with Jenkins. But it’s your project :stuck_out_tongue:

@TheHolyKetchup

Edit: i sent this as a PM :slight_smile:

@TBotV63 It probably doesn’t matter at this point if we do run into problems with Gitlab CI we can easily swap to Jenkins over Gitlab CI.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

Just sent you a message @TheHolyKetchup

I use GitLab and GitLab CI for all my personal projects. I’d say its one redeeming factor is that you can host your own buildservers on any OS that can host the runner program.
Honestly, I’d say Travis has better integration with GitHub than the CI does with GitLab.

Granted, they push out updates all the time. My issues may have been fixed by now.

IRC will be replacing Slack as a prerequisite.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

Three developer positions have been taken (Java, Sponge, Git Utilisation etc…)

• Updating amount of developer positions to 6 to accomodate for sudden influx as well support for a larger team

One designer position has been taken (Web Design, Resource Packs, Animation etc…)

IRC has been placed as core communication between developers as well as the overall team, otherwise teamspeak will be another option. Slack can be implemented again if majority vote otherwise IRC is its replacement.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

1 Like

There’s a Git Utilizing position?

Sign me up :‌P

(I kid, but if you do need some git assistance, me and #spongedev are always around)

Just posting to let all know that builders and building teams are free to contact me in accordance to gaining a position as that rank within the server itself. This will not occur until major projects have been completed by the developers, but until then be on the watch for builder openings.

Kindest Regards,
Kodyn Kugis

1 Like