Quick Poll: Server With Mods VS Server Without Mods

Hello everyone, I’m doing a bit of research and I’m deciding whether or not I should use mods for the server I’ll be re-opening this summer. If you would be so kind as to participate, I would very much appreciate it. At the end of the survey, you can choose to be added to a Pre-Alpha Tester group for my coming plugin, Dread Zone (The video features a portion of Dread Zone’s features).

1. Does your favorite Minecraft server use mods?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

1. Do you know how to install mods on your Minecraft client?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

1. If you answered “No” to the previous question, would you be willing to learn how to install mods on your Minecraft client?

0 voters

1. Would you like to participate in the Pre-Alpha Testing of Dread Zone this coming summer?
  • No.
  • Yes - (Your Sponge username will be saved in this poll).

0 voters

Thank you for your time!

dont expect people to install mods themselves, either provide a launcher like your own skcraft instance or distribute via technic or curseforge

2 Likes

Especially since configs can be hell.

1 Like

Ease of use, with curse players can just click a button and have the pack. Same with every other launcher. If players have to install it themselves, and will get frustrated and quit trying.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I’m unfamiliar with the courseforge launcher. I’ll definitely try it to try to facilitate mod usage on my server. :slight_smile:

Update: WOW. I’m amazed how easy it is to install mods with the Curse app imbedded in Twitch.