[Reopened] Wiki Staff - 14 November, 2014

so… you mean that if i havent received something yet i for sure got denied? I got in the first time the form opened and was one of the first 100 people to sign up…

@gabrieltm9 They are still in the process of checking over hundreds of applications that have been sent to them from last week, and this week as well. I’m sure that @Kodfod and the rest of the team in charge of inspecting the wiki staff apps are working as hard as possible to examine all of the apps that have been sent, and the ones that will be sent in the near future. For now, what I’d do is remain calm, and wait until all of the applications have been evaluated. We’ll eventually be updated here in the forums when that transpires.

2 Likes

No, it means that there are a lot of people and applications to go through and not very many people to do it.

1 Like

Cool. Thx! :slight_smile: (Im going to add this random parenthesis so my post is 15 characters!)

Oooooh, i see. Ok! Thx! :slight_smile:

You can also add things like html comments, which aren’t shown in the final post, and your post count will be extended.

<!-- -->
This is enclosed in three back ticks ` on either side so I can display it.

a
1 Like

The above comment is to illustrate using html comments to make shorted posts. Sometimes you just want to reply something quick and short. The character limit is in place to prevent spam from bots and other things, but it’s easy to circumvent if you know what you’re doing or pay attention. In any case, a post about the wiki seemed like a good place to document something :V.

1 Like

@gabrieltm9 to expand onto what @DarkArcana stated, I have been putting a great deal of my extra time into getting the wiki off the ground. Here is a few things that go into this process:

• Read all submissions and take notes on this first impression you make with it.
  • Review notes and consider who we would like to speak to first.
  • Speak to this new list of people and get a better understanding of their character and work ethic.
  • Review notes taken from last step and decide who we may need to get further information from.
  • Talk to the people we need to again.
  • Narrow the list to the people we feel fit for the job they applied for.
  • Repeat

If you weren’t selected in the first stage, there is no need to worry; we are still reviewing all applicants at this point. This process takes time, the first interview alone takes an hour or so.

We are taking these steps so we can ensure we produce a wiki the whole community can be proud of. If you have any concerns with anything to do with the wiki, feel free to join us in the IRC and express them there. Alternatively, you may message myself on the forums.

Thank you.

1 Like

would love to help but I do not have the knowledge to help out I feel. Let us know if theres anything else the community can help with!

Well I am ready to try!

@Kodfod To make sure the right people are applying to fill the requirement gap you have, are there any people with any particular skill set yet to apply?
i.e. Is there a subject area / skill set you are currently missing?

@popeus I haven’t had the time to review all applications as of yet. I have, however, started reviewing some of the older ones. If there becomes an obvious gap, we will reach out to the community and see what we can do.

@thimovss feel free to apply, you never know until you try!

Also I would like to say sorry to all the applicants whom I have messaged inviting them to an interview. If you have received this PM, and are still waiting to hear from me, please wait for further instructions. I have some personal matters to attend to and will not be available as much that is needed. This should only be for another 4-5 days. I thank you for your patience and understanding. For those who haven’t received any messages, please be patient and you will hear from us.

2 Likes

I’d like to do a suggestion. I think there should be an extra field for additional information that the applicant might want to communicate.

1 Like

Good idea, but in the end it doesn’t matter, since they interview you anyway.

I just applied for a Wiki Staff position. :slight_smile: I hope I get accepted.

They wont if they decline you based on your application.

Filled it out. Works very well and effectively. Fast.

I still am waiting to test out Sponge! I’ve been watching it lately, just to test it out.

It’s amazing how quick information can go stale here.
Wiki No More, it is now called the Sponge Documentation (or SpongeDocs).

Then might I suggest your title be changed? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes