Server unable to launch when sponge is installed with CodeChickenCore

I followed the sponge documentation matching the Forge version with the Sponge version. It should be straightforward!

Specifically
sponge-1.8-1371-2.1DEV-445 <in the mods folder

forge-1.8-11.14.1.1371-universal

I currently do not have sponge Plug-ins installed. What gives, am I missing something?
All that being said everything loads including forge mods as expected without sponge installed.

logs
http://pastebin.com/KeXC4jz8

Edit:
Its problem a known problem with the Mixin library, when a coremod is present.

Pastebin is your friend.

As far as I can tell, this is a problem with FML. Anyone else have an idea?

Iā€™d try this:
-load server without any plugins
-load server with FML and sponge only

My guess is that the server will run with only sponge as a plugin and no other coremods.

I will have to do some further testing but the server load with sponge the without Forge Mods installed.

Iā€™ll add mods one by one and see if I can track it down to specific mod.

All right everything loads as expected except for ā€˜NotEnoughItems-1.8-1.0.5.82-universalā€™ which triggers the error message in the OP.

1 Like

thenā€¦
drumroll pleaseā€¦

Remove NEI :smiley:

Obviously, which Iā€™ve done temporarily. Correct if I am wrong removing NEI server-side reduces NEI functionality. This issue needs to be resolved eventually either by the authors of NEI or sponge development team.

Which utilizes
CodeChickenLib-1.8-1.1.2.115-universal
CodeChickenCore-1.8-1.0.5.34-universal

ā€œServer-side configs for NEI determine who can use magnet mode, control weather, use creative mode, etc.ā€

If someone looked into a fix then it would be nice.

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method ā€œorg.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Lorg/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor;I)Vā€ the class loader (instance of net/minecraft/launchwrapper/LaunchClassLoader) of the current class, net/minecraftforge/fml/common/asm/transformers/BlamingTransformer, and the class loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader) for resolved class, org/objectweb/asm/ClassReader, have different Class objects for the type accept used in the signature

This is a known problem with the Mixin library. It may do this when a coremod is present

So which project to be reported to as an issue?

Nether, the issue is already reported (as I linked), I suggest you follow the FML issue for when it will be fixed

2 Likes

I always thought server-side NEI did nothing and everything was done through /give, /gamemode and all that.

1 Like