ServerLaunchWrapper Invisible

for some reason when i launch my console its not showing up but i can still join the server can someone pls tell me how to fix this and make it not invisible

Just to make sure. How are you launching your server? Though a command prompt? A script file (such as a .bat)? Or double clicking it?

i am launching my server through a .jar file and also when i dont have sponge on it, its not invisible

Sponge disables the minecraft GUI console for performance reasons as most users arnt running though a wrapper and by disabling it you gain performance.

As your running it though a jar, im assuming your just executing the jar file, meaning that you will have a java Process which has the output text, you could put that onto your own console.

I believe you can reenable the minecraft console by passing the jar application arguments (Something like “gui true” but dont quote me on that)

how do i make my own console or reenable the minecraft console?

Simplest way to “make your own console” is to take the process from the execution and then pass the output Stream text into the System.out.

As for reenabling the vanilla minecraft console, you may want to read the sponge docs, its probably there

i am confused how do i take the process from the execution and what is system.out and where is the sponge docs

Oh. I though you made the jar that your launching from so i thought you were a developer.

Sorry for the confusion. As for the sponge docs, if you press the sponge icon in the top left a dropdown will appear with “docs” as one of the options (that method doesnt work on mobile).

And just to make sure, when you say your launching though a .jar, is that a program launching the sponge jar or do you mean the sponge.jar?

i am launching the forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854.jar file cause my server also has mods

By double clicking?

yes i do need to double click it also do you know where it would be located in the docs

Are you running Windows? linux? Or Macos?

i am running on a MacOS

https://docs.spongepowered.org/stable/en/server/getting-started/launch-script.html

Thats the sponge docs on how to run your server. Sorry about all the confusion

thank you very much and its alright

i have a new problem when i try launch the new console it says “The file “launch.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.”

Take a look at that same page, scroll all the way to the bottom and read the warning :wink: should be the answer your looking for

i fixed it but now i have a error in the terminal

Whats the error?

Last login: Wed Apr 7 04:06:56 on ttys000

/Users/jordyn/Desktop/Multiplayer\ Server/launch.command ; exit;

Jordyns-MacBook-Air:~ jordyn$ /Users/jordyn/Desktop/Multiplayer\ Server/launch.command ; exit;

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.(Launch.java:34)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

… 6 more

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Process completed]

i dont know what the error is, its confusing