SIP - Sponge Industrialization Project

Yes of course! I was taking a look at your plugin just yesterday! Too bad it couldn’t take off due to the bukkit drama :confused:

1 Like

Hmm I like the idea about glass being an item pipe, I was planning for redstone with items floating on em but ehh lets see which ones is easier to implement :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe we could use this so we dont have to abuse vanilla items:

1 Like

I saw that too :wink: thats why i sai (if sponge pulls through) wink wink hint hint

As there are so many great ideas, so I just created an inofficial wiki at minecraft-sip.wikia.com collecting all the ideas from this topic :wink:

I also made a little mining turtle with armor stands and commands, just as an idea of how it could look like:

And please, leave it vanilla compatible (no custom blocks) - if we have to install Sponge on the client, we can also install IndustrialCraft or something like that, and this plugin doesn’t make sense anymore…

5 Likes

It will be on the Vanilla Sponge API and so it should be vanilla compatible for the most part, anyways even if it does happen that you can add mods this is not totally out of purpose as this will be Hardware resources friendly ( especially ram I predict ).

Other than that, wow srsly that’s awesome :smiley: the wikia and stuff I will have to consult the computercraft creator

1 Like

Great job on the wiki.

2 Likes

So when should we start coding?

I would not start on the coding until we have a better understanding of the api. It might be possible to set up a basic framework but that’s about it.

I’m no artist, that’s for sure, but here is a logo idea, since @waicool20 was looking for logos.

5 Likes

Great logo! Could you possibly make a gradient logo, so like the top-left half of the gear is lighter and slowly fades into dark red? Just an idea. It looks really nice.

This is quite an interesting idea.

Yes indeed, it is. We are currently waiting for the API though.

1 Like

Great job! Keep up the good work! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I don’t believe we are in full dependence on the API to start coding. We can start with the basics such as setting up a github repo, starting our framework, setting up a code convention and package layout, etc. We can also start to work on an official wiki, website, and so on while we are waiting to get the API to work with, it’s just a matter of collaborating.

We have pretty much discussed all of that in out IRC channel #SIP, the repo as you can see has already been created, and the basic "skeleton is also there, though for an official wiki and website i think that it would be best to get code running before we do that

1 Like

Oh boy, is it basic… ( I made it, I can say that. <3 )
I’ll be going through and figuring out what needs what later today, as well.

Well for me its actually below basic :stuck_out_tongue: but its still something

1 Like

I have almost absolutely no programming knowledge however I would love to help so if you want me to help with the wiki I would love to, I also run a server (very small any tips for getting off the ground?) so I would love to test it or help manage the wiki.

Please let me know @waicool20 either @ me or PM me thanks.

Hmm sure we got nobody really doing that anyways, but by any chance are you good at graphics?