So, I did a full system scan

ok
check all of the crap you got from me and make sure it isn’t plagued :stuck_out_tongue:

What stuff do you download from the internet? I haven’t had a single piece of malware on my computer as far as I’m aware…

1 Like

All of this stuff I haven’t ran. It’s part of a zip full of viruses I ran on a VM but I never got to deleting them. I was aware they were viruses but I hadn’t deleted them yet.

Windows Defender - best scanner ever. NOT!
Help yourself and download any other free scanner, the defender is a piece of crap.

Oh and why are you using a machine which you know is infected? o.O

1 Like

What do you not understand by VM? It’s a Virtual Machine.

If you can find one that isn’t flipping McAffe or Norton, sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Avast or AVG are my favourite.

2 Likes

Avast is annoying as crap “A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED”
AVG… Maybe. I’m considering BitDefender at some point, but I dunno.

I use linux so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That aint an excuse. There is malicious content for osx and Linux too, its just not that common.

Loki:
I’m using AVG, bitdefender has no free Version sadly :frowning:

A virus on Linux will be. “Oh noes I need sudo”… .

4 Likes

Point taken disables sudo without password

1 Like

A virus on Linux in the worst case: “Oh yay, I have a backdoor and I’ll just completely rip sudo out and replace it with my own”… Viruses aren’t bash scripts. And Linux isn’t secure just because it isn’t as popular as Windows.

3 Likes

If, like me, you download EVERYTHING from package management, that won’t happen.

2 Likes

Like @WetSponge pointed out. Installing apps on Linux isn’t a simple double click. Adding ppa or deb repo’s. Is way more secure that double clicking on any exe file.

Also most their are various distributions that all have their different setups. What makes it hard to make a bulletproof virus.

Last but not least. Most Linux destop users know what they are doing. And we are very sceptical for binairy stuff that isn’t open source or coms from untrusted instances. So the change of something harmfully getting executes on a Linux machine is very small.

2 Likes

I know very well what installing stuff on linux is like. If every virus out there requied you to click something / perform a command, then they wouldn’t be such an issue.

EDIT: Also, I’m kinda sick of some linux users presenting theirselves like some kind of elite grouping.

4 Likes

Just for the record: I don’t.

3 Likes

This thread right now:

10 Likes

Was using avast & loved it, till he found Avira Antivirus. (Is faster than avast, less strain, and is better @ zero day malware)

I used a promotional code on BitDefender and got the rest of the year free. Happy about that :smile: