šŸ’¬ Discord Bridge 2.4.0 (aka SpongeDiscord)

No logs I can see in the host directory but in the console there are these which come up with a search for Discord:

Removed to save scroll-space

There you go: Discord blocked the server IP thinking that your credential might be stolen because you are using it in a new place. You should get an email from Discord about this. Use the link inside the email to unblock the server IP.

I will try to surface out this error in future update. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, just noticed that myself.

I forward my emails from various apps into a different folder so I never got that one u.u

All fixed and functioning now.

Thanks for poking me to actually pay attention to the stacktrace :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem. Itā€™s good you can use the plugin now :wink:

Is there anyway to have the message from Discord be posted in Minecraft with the appropriate name formatting?

Or will it always be the static ?

I donā€™t really understand what you are trying to get? Can you please give an example?

If I have a formatted tag in Minecraft, say #&UserName&# any message that I say whilst in Discord will still come out as being said by

How do you set that format in Minecraft? It that a global format or only for certain people?

Iā€™m doing it via PEX, but various plugins can alter the chat to add prefixes.

That is not supported right now. I am thinking of adding support for a PEX option like ā€œdiscord-templateā€, so that you can configure different templates for different roles on the server.

1 Like

I cannot find the botToken in the config or do i need to use a reqular user?

Actually just found that from github but messages from minecraft arenā€™t going to discord neither are join and leave messages

Wellp i fixed that tooā€¦ you need to restart for that a reload doesnā€™t just do it :slight_smile:

What do you mean by finding that from GitHub ><?

the botToken isnā€™t in the config by default

I know that the answer is probably obvious but I cant seem to see it Iā€™m trying to get the Bridge to see the bots token but every time I go into the server and do ā€œ/discord Broadcastā€ to test it, the server always comes back with ā€œyou have to setup bot token firstā€ is it the server not seeing the bot or the bot not working at all?

if its the first then how do I setup the bot token as Iā€™ve entered it in what I believe to be the right location
If it is the second then how would I fix the bot on discords end?

Iā€™m trying to add Sponge Discord to my server i co-own but i still donā€™t understand a video or a better explanation could help me.

Did you check GETTING STARTED guide?

Yes I have and I still donā€™t understand as well as other people do. Like the plugin is on the server I just donā€™t know how to set it up.

Come chat with me then :slight_smile: https://discord.gg/t5dKg