Sponge Dev Builds - Now Available!

I wrote a reply on this thread

It was a great idea to publish the dev builds. Now there is a lot more activity on the forums and on GitHub :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@boformer

We wanted to do it sooner but with the inevitable people deciding to run this as a main server, we wanted to feel confidant we werenā€™t going to nuke their worlds first :).

8 Likes

Wonderful work you guys! I wished I could helpā€¦

Oh, but you can.

1 Like

HI,

I have try to install it, but when I put the Sponge mod to the appropriate folder, the Forge doesnā€™t start. Only tell me that it can be launched.
I have the latest recommended Forge and your lated DEV Build and all for MC 1.8.
Can you tell me what I done wrong?

Thanks.

Use not the latest Forge build but the right one for Sponge (should be 1371 currently).
Then install the Forge server and copy the sponge.jar to the mods folder. The server should start then.

Got it working first time. Good job Sponge team!
Iā€™ll try coding a plugin for it when I have some free time :smile:

Now we just need the mods to update to 1.8ā€¦

2 Likes

Where can we get plugins?

Right here: Plugin Releases - Sponge Forums

Use this.
Ore is our BukkitDev, but as of now, itā€™s not ready for proper use. There are lots of plugin posts in the Plugins category, where you can find plugins being written with Sponge code, but itā€™s not recommended to use the dev builds for your server as itā€™s still unstable.

Thanks.

And how long should it start. While I have now running about 30mins and see that is running, but I donā€™t see the console window and donā€™t know what is it doing.

just for clarification:
-install forge
-run forge (to test if all is ok)
-stop forge
-copy sponge.jar to /mods/
-run forge

i hope you didnā€™t doubleclick the jars :wink:

OR

follow this guide:
https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/server/getting-started/installation.html

OR

(3rd option) do this:

4rth option, download the sponge.jar from the repo, then run these commands

java -jar sponge.jar go

Then all you have to do is grab a new dev build every day, run this command and sponge server starts up, this command is even start.bat compatble!!

Hi, I have done it so. Isnā€™t there need any special settings in configs?

check out my post, should work without an hitch.

nope should run out of the box.
If it still fails try doctors 4th option.

Out of the box being, after you set eula=true in eula.txt.

LiteLoader is not compatible with Sponge and was meant to be only used as a loader to accept Lightweight Mods as like Zanā€™s Minimap and LiteLoader is singleplayer only. If you are using Sponge in Singleplayer, Tell us logs and the problem, Like if my keyboard is from Corsair and I have a warranty, I canā€™t just say like a idiot would say, ā€œMy keyboard broke.ā€ That would be a poor explanation, And I would explain it like this, "The backlights are broken and keys are getting stuck, The only one is the Enter key and C Key.

4 Likes

Hi, why canā€™t I double click on the JAR? When I do it I have opened the console window, and donā€™t need to have opened terminal.
I have try it over terminal and found the problem, not enough memory. Is its possible to run it so, that I donā€™t need to have running terminal and will have only running Forges console window?

Thanks for help.