Sponge Dev Builds - Now Available!

So far I know “Forges console” is disabled.

When I start it with double click on forges jar, it opens and start all there, but it doesn’t work then with plugins (not enough memory).

You need to make a custom script to run it.

Can you help me with the scripts? Do you know how to do it, and what should be there?

Thanks.

A good place to start is the SpongeDocs:
https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/server/getting-started/launch-script.html

I hope that helps!

Does the 1.7.10 version near the bottom of the page actually work? I’ve tried putting in my mods folder on my 1.7.10 forge server with WorldEdit and it just detected sponge and worldedit as non-mod files and they should be deleted. I tried using sponge on a 1.8 forge server and it worked fine with the same setup(But some mods I couldn’t use as they weren’t updated yet).

Nope, that was the first build of sponge, before forge 1.8 was available. It is unsupported and 6 months out of date.

2 Likes

1.7.10的版本太少,可以多一些吗?flans模组都是1.7.10的:((Chinese)

Uhm, what?

@TheWarlock117
Sponge doesn’t support 1.7.x and the version at the bottom of the download page won’t work properly.
Just use the newest dev build of Sponge for 1.8 :wink:

在1.7.10版本无法正常工作,这是6个月大。我建议使用最新的1.8版本开发。 (Chinese)

The 1.7.10 version doesn’t work, it’s 6 months old. I suggest using the most recent 1.8 dev build. (english)

2 Likes

Hi, thanks, but these scripts open a terminal window and not the the console window.
Is there any clue how to run it on Mac OS X without terminal (in background) and with console window?

Thanks for help.

Sponge disables the native console window by default. The terminal window is the best you can get at present.

3 Likes

Hi, but when i start the sponge with double-click it opens the console window, without terminal, but I need to start it over terminal, while I need to add there more memory, etc, so if you know, can you tell me the command argument to open the console window.
Thanks.

Don’t EVER! start sponge via double-clicking. Instead you have 2 (probably more) options:

• create a launch script
  • run it via terminal and apply the parameters manually

Now you might ask: “ok, launch script?!.. what!?”. Take a look here:
https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/server/getting-started/launch-script.html

EDIT:
Uhm, Inscrutable already linked this exact page above…
nvm then.

As already stated sponge can’t be run with the default console window as the console window was (and will stay) disabled. It has to run in a terminal window.

Hi, I know, don’t run it so, I only told that if I start it so, it opens the console window, so the console is there and I need to know the command to open the console that I need to add to the start script, that it opens the console.
Thanks.

On windows, just do alt+r (or maybe its Ctrl+r) and enter cmd. Or on Win7+, just search cmd on the start menu and hit enter

It is “Windows key” + “r” :smile:

Ah, right. It’s been a long time since I last used Windows

2 Likes

It doesn’t work this way. Sponge provides no option to start the server with the “mojang” console window.
Sponge server is terminal only, sorry.

If i misunderstood you, let me know.

Just to clarify:
You can’t use this with Sponge:

Though the console GUI may be favorable, the Terminal/Command Line is far more powerful, even though the Mojang console may provide statistics.

1 Like