Sponge Docs Pop Quiz #19

Like a nebulous fuzzy blob in the starry sky, Lo, it is

Sponge Docs Pop Quiz #19

Careening like a wayward star toward the swirling vortex of a black hole, Sponge gathers speed as it approaches the event horizon we call Beta. Presented below are three questions relating to current issues and needs within Docs and development that are in need of wider consultation. Help us give them gravity, and share your thoughts.

1. Should the SpongeDocs contain some basic instructions for using GitHub with Sponge?
    There is a related issue, ironically at SpongeDocs on GitHub: Issue #85. Opinions are invited, feedback welcome, what how why etc.

2. How many worlds does your regular server have (and what kind are they)?
    Multiworld capabilities in Sponge are becoming more advanced, but are not yet as flexible nor as complete as Bukkit. To get some idea of what needs there are, can you share with us what the world setup is like at the server you play on (or operate)?

3. Are you familiar with the SpongeAPI preferred XML format for colours?
    This has not had much use yet, so we want to know if there are issues we have not yet become aware of. Is it preferable to the legacy system?

Once again, this concludes this weekā€™s avalanche of enquiry, and we return you to your regular star-gazing. Looking behind us, the comet that was Quiz #18 is already fading red into the past. Be well, may the astral winds blow gently, and keep striving to be stellar.

1 Like

1.) As my boss always said, if you have to ask, it should probably be documented.
2.) Back when I ran an ftb server on cauldron(MCPC+ at the time) I had numerous worlds, that I managed using Multiverse, which did not play nice with Mystcraft. Being that Iā€™m developing a multi world plugin, I myself am also interested the responses to this question.
3.) I did shortly look into this a while back but couldnā€™t find much info on it, so Iā€™ve never used it, but I also donā€™t use the legacy system, if by legacy youā€™re referring to the deprecated vanilla minecraft color codes. I did write a workaround class for accepting legacy color codes just in case.

1 Like
  1. I donā€™t have an opinion on this.
  2. As I write this right now, my private server has 10 worlds (although only 2 are loaded).
  3. I havenā€™t used it.
1 Like

second link broken. Remove unnecessary period.

1 - Yes, yes and Yes.
2 - Many worlds:

• Games (x2)
  • Hub
  • Admin
  • PvP / Faction (normal)
  • PvP / Faction (desert)
  • PvP / Faction (custom generation, spawners everywhere, herobrine)
    // Nobody can stay alive without a diamond armor
  • PvP (nether)
  • PvP (end)
  • Freebuild (custom)

3 - I havenā€™t used it.

1 Like
  1. Yes, it probably should have some kind of instructions on ā€œhow to gitā€. I feel that people with little to no coding experience or git experience may crop up sooner or later, we should at least attempt to push them in the right direction.

2. Normal, nether, and end. Although Iā€™m not a server owner.

3. Never used it.

Sorry for mistakes, typing on mobile.

2 Likes
  1. Yes, it would make some peopleā€™s life easier
  2. I usually ha 2 flat worlds
    The others are disabled in the config files
  3. I havenā€™t use the Xml chat formatting. I like the json kind chat formatting
1 Like
  1. Yes, it would be helpful
  2. Not a server owner, but my (local) test server has 4 worlds, survival, nether, end, and lobby
  3. The what? Thatā€™s a thing? Cool!
2 Likes

Looks like you guys want to have a Git(Hub) guide on the Docs. Hereā€™s the progress so far:

:wink:

2 Likes