Sponge Docs Pop Quiz #20

Bending Space, Time, and Bananas, it is the

Sponge Docs Pop Quiz #20

The year draws rapidly to a close, and the bizarre and unearthly tree that is the Sponge project approaches fruition. Very soon you will have a Beta product to play with; until then, here are some questions that we hope invite useful feedback…

1. Will you be running (or playing on) a Sponge Beta server?
    The release of Sponge Beta is so close you can almost smell the FLARD. Will this be the dawning of a plethora of Sponge powered servers?

2. Which Forge Coremods break (or are broken by) SpongeForge?
    Compatibility with coremods is always going to be difficult. How many do you know of that just won’t work with the latest SpongeForge builds? This would help us target the problems that need to be resolved.

3. Can you help update the SpongeDocs?
    Massive changes in recent weeks have left the code examples in many pages slightly out-of-date. We need your help to get things fixed and reviewed, so if your grasp of SpongeAPI is sufficient, please join us in dissecting this monster issue.

Thus the banana was unbent by the mystery of Science and the wonder of FLARD. If you’d like to recap on last week, then here is a link to the previous quiz. Prepare for the imminent abundance of sponginess, and may the FLARD be with you.

1 Like

####1.
Umm… maybe. That really depends on when my parents decide to gift me the server they bought… and think I don’t know about

####2.
Yes. (I don’t really use mods that much)

###3.
Love to, but unfortunately school takes precedent.

1 Like
  1. I am mostly sure the network I work for will be having a Sponge server soon.

2. I am not aware of any.

3. I would but I’m afraid that I now have a little too much on my hands currently.

1. My test server, maybe the community server.

2. Don’t use mods, not aware of any.

3. Might get around to some of it.

3 Likes
  1. Yes, once there are Sponge versions of some plugins that I use.
  2. Not that I’m aware of, other than what’s already been reported.
  3. If there’s something I know enough about to document, yes.
1 Like
  1. yes my friends and i are already playing with mods and plugins i’ve created on my server

2. there’s another issue once again with nei and it won’t allow it to start up…there’s a few dozen more i’m aware of…i’ll send some information tomorrow

3)…I’m not to great at writing out documentation…sorry

1 Like
  1. Probably not. I did the server scene once. It was fun but too time consuming. As far as playing, I haven’t actually played Minecraft in over a year. I just like creating plugins others can enjoy.

2. Being 1.7.10 is still the mainstream for mod packs, I haven’t done much by way of testing mods and Sponge.

3. Documentation has never been my strong suit but it needs to be done so if I can help in some small way, I will do what I can.

1 Like