Sponge Status Update - 22nd February 2015

spongie <3

–EDIT–

Totally thought it was a misspelling, till I read it through more carefully. Cannot wait to meet the new mascot!

3 Likes

Aw, it’s on a Saturday D:

Can’t wait for the mascot and logo :smiley:

Can we get a preview of spongie the spongepowered sponge? :trollface:

2 Likes

We’ve changed our Twitch account, be sure to follow our new Twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/SpongePowered

3 Likes

please get better mics or post-process the audio after the stream. pleeaaassse

1 Like

Can’t wait :smiley:

7 Likes

If anyone has any questions for the State of Sponge, please post them or let us know, the more questions asked, the more answers that we can give! :wink:

Can I have a biscuit? :cookie:

@TBotV63 No. :trollface:

@Owexz regarding the state of sponge, will there be another server open for the community to test out and stuff?

3 Likes

Looking forward to the SoS.
Never thought I’d say that… :joy:

Yes, we will have a test server running with the most recently available stable build.

4 Likes

lol like that’ll actually happen. Think about last time ;).

Of course. :trollface:

:trollface: server got rekt IMO :trollface:

2 Likes

I’d like to see cause chaining and event callbacks discussed some in the State of Sponge, they seem really powerful if used correctly and I would like to know more about how they are planned to be used, or if vanilla will even have separate callbacks for differing behaviour.

The other thing I’m excited about is the new inventory API, but that was pretty detailed on the github pull request.

Persistence/serialization/configs also seems to be coming along well, maybe some input into that?

1 Like

You can tell us something about:

• Databases. (I prefer sqlite because it works with no installation) Any helper classes like in Android? http://developer.android.com/reference/android/database/sqlite/SQLiteOpenHelper.html “A helper class to manage database creation and version management.”
  • Libraries of other developers. (eg. Money system, that could be implemented by other plugins) How to avoid monopolies, so not only one money system is supported by a plugin? Maybe any standard? I have no idea if this is possible.

Add automatic subtitles for better perception.