SpongeForge for Forge 14.23.5.2847

Hey, is there a way to use SpongeForge for the Forge 14.23.5.2847 version ? Or do i have to wait till an update is coming from Sponge ?

I do not believe that there is yet a release for that version, however if you find a sponge download for a version similar to that, it might still work

The only Sponge version i can find is 1.12.2-2838-7.1.8-RC3957 and i guess it will not work

Have you tried it? If it’s failing please share the logs as mentioned in the Common Crashes thread - chances are is that it’s actually a different issue.

I’ll try it, if it works or not i’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Normally sponge will maintain a older version of forge if the sponge version is compatible with all the later releases of forge from that older version such as sponge may still be building towards version 1111 while the latest forge at the time could have been 1124 but sponge still ran on the latest.

So the best thing to do is always try and run sponge on the latest forge

1 Like

Looks like its working, running now Forge 14.23.5.2847 and SpongeForge 1.12.2-2838-7.1.7
No errors so far.

1 Like

Great to hear that it works for you but I just tried that and it’s still giving me an error.

Heres my latest log

[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 14.23.5.2847 for Minecraft 1.12.2 loading
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_212, running on Linux:amd64:3.10.0-957.12.2.el7.x86_64, installed at /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.212.b04-0.el7_6.x86_64/jre
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod FMLCorePlugin (net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLCorePlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod FMLForgePlugin (net.minecraftforge.classloading.FMLForgePlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Searching /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server253032/./mods for mods
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in AppleCore-mc1.12.2-3.2.0.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod AppleCore (squeek.applecore.AppleCore) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Blur-1.0.4-14.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod com.tterrag.blur.BlurPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod BlurPlugin (com.tterrag.blur.BlurPlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in ChunkAnimator-MC1.12-1.2.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod lumien.chunkanimator.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod LoadingPlugin (lumien.chunkanimator.asm.LoadingPlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in CreativeCore_v1.9.90_mc1.12.2.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod com.creativemd.creativecore.core.CreativePatchingLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod CreativePatchingLoader (com.creativemd.creativecore.core.CreativePatchingLoader) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Farseek-1.12-2.3.1.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod farseek.core.FarseekCoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod FarseekCoreMod (farseek.core.FarseekCoreMod) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in foamfix-0.10.10-1.12.2.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod pl.asie.foamfix.coremod.FoamFixCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Forgelin-1.8.3.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod net.shadowfacts.forgelin.preloader.ForgelinPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod ForgelinPlugin (net.shadowfacts.forgelin.preloader.ForgelinPlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in HammerCore-1.12.2-2.0.6.13.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in iceandfire-1.8.4.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod iceandfire (com.github.alexthe666.iceandfire.asm.IceAndFirePlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod com.creativemd.itemphysic.ItemPatchingLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod ItemPatchingLoader (com.creativemd.itemphysic.ItemPatchingLoader) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in LittleTiles_v1.5.0-pre198_mc1.12.2.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod com.creativemd.littletiles.LittlePatchingLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod LittlePatchingLoader (com.creativemd.littletiles.LittlePatchingLoader) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker optifine.OptiFineForgeTweaker from OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_F5.jar
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in Quark-r1.6-178 (2).jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod Quark Plugin (vazkii.quark.base.asm.LoadingPlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: Found FMLCorePluginContainsFMLMod marker in SereneSeasons-1.12.2-1.2.18-universal.jar. This is not recommended, @Mods should be in a separate jar from the coremod.
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod sereneseasons.asm.SSLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod SSLoadingPlugin (sereneseasons.asm.SSLoadingPlugin) is not signed!
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.10.jar
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from VanillaFix-1.0.10-99.jar
[02:48:03] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod blusunrize.immersiveengineering.common.asm.IELoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from phosphor-1.12.2-0.2.6+build50-universal.jar
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker
[02:48:03] [main/ERROR] [mixin]: Catching
org.spongepowered.asm.service.ServiceInitialisationException: ModLauncher is not available
at org.spongepowered.asm.service.modlauncher.MixinServiceModLauncherBootstrap.bootstrap(MixinServiceModLauncherBootstrap.java:52) ~[spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.10.jar:1.12.2-2838-7.1.10]
at org.spongepowered.asm.service.MixinService.runBootServices(MixinService.java:79) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at org.spongepowered.asm.service.MixinService.(MixinService.java:72) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at org.spongepowered.asm.service.MixinService.getInstance(MixinService.java:92) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at org.spongepowered.asm.service.MixinService.boot(MixinService.java:102) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinBootstrap.(MixinBootstrap.java:76) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker.(MixinTweaker.java:44) [betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_212]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_212]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) [?:1.8.0_212]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) [?:1.8.0_212]
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) [?:1.8.0_212]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_212]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_212]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_212]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_212]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70) [forge1122.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34) [forge1122.jar:?]
[02:48:03] [main/INFO] [mixin]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.7.11 Source=file:/home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server253032/./mods/betterportals-0.3.7.7.jar Service=LaunchWrapper Env=SERVER
[02:48:04] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod SpongeCoremod (org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod) is not signed!
[02:48:04] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: //
[02:48:04] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: /
Old Mixin Version Loaded! /
/
[02:48:04] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: /* Hey, sorry, but Sponge requires a newer version of Mixin being loaded, and unfortunately /
with an older version, nothing will work as it should. Please rename the sponge jar to load /
earlier than other coremods, so that Sponge’s Mixin version will be loaded (they’re backwards /
compatible, but not forwards compatible). We suggest doing this by prefixing the Sponge jar /
filename with “aaa”. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but this is all that we can do. /
/
Current Loaded Mixin : 0.7.11 /
Required Mixin Version : 0.8 /
************************************************************************************************/

Now seeing what it says myself, i dont even know what mixin is

Rename your Sponge jar so that it starts with aaa.

1 Like

I did but i’m still getting an error :frowning:

My latest log is too long to be able to put it in again.

Common crash issues states rhat you should post logs on a paste site such as pastebin.com

You wont have a “too long” issue there. After you upload your paste send us a link for us to read it

Alright heres the link to that then

Everything works perfectly until I put spongeforge in.

There is a bug in littletiles version “v150 pre 198” which had a incompatibly with spongeforge. Its fixed in the next update (released two days ago). So if you update it and all the related mods and then run the server. Hopefully that was the only issue.

I also saw that your running foamfix without the spongeforge fix. The later versions of foamfix apply the fix however its still recommended to make the fix yourself.

coremod.patchChunkSerialization has been force-disabled

What are all the “related mods”? I updated littletiles, now what? I dont know how to make the “fix” myself, I already have the latest version of Foamfix also.

Related mods is all mods that require the update to work. I believe the only related mod for it seems to be CreativeCore in which requires version 1.10.

As for the foamfix fix. Its in the common crash issues. And like i said, while the latest versions of foamfix does apply the fix its better to apply the fix yourself to make sure its applied

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/common-crash-issues-please-read-first/29689&ved=2ahUKEwj8xKyn0ZDoAhXBQRUIHQLWCmoQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3D0C6gPKdq-2DwMBDJ9XTl

Ok, I did the fix manualy and updated creativecore and littletiles but now i’m getting this…

wait…what are all the mods i need to update?

So something is searching for part of littletiles that may have been removed in the update. Check for all related mods to it and update them

sigh
Now it’s giving me this for my server and this for my client

client
https://paste.dimdev.org/akudohugud.mccrash

The part of little tiles its searching for is inside the source code on github. So make sure you downloaded the correct version. You may have downloaded a dev assistant version (typically known as API editions) or something like that.

Here is the file in the git, just for anyone else who has a idea on whats going on.

As for your second crash log. There is a related mod called “ItemPhysic” that is trying to use something from CreativeCore that isnt there. Check for an update on it