TeslaCrate šŸ”‘ Shockingly Powerful Crates (API 5, 6, and 7)

guys
guys
stop
my brain hertz

I have a question for you.

If you drive a Tesla and it gets stolenā€¦

Is it now an Edison?

Seriously though, Iā€™d love to buy an electric car, but the prices are shockingly high.
I will see myself out.

1 Like

Okay guys stop it with the puns.

Itā€™s enough.

2 Likes

Good day everyone! Iā€™ve been hard at work with some shocking new features, and Iā€™ll think youā€™ll be excited to see them! After the electrifying ordeal proceeding release, Iā€™ve received stores of suggestions that are just overloading my circuits. Have no fear though - if youā€™re suggestion was ohmitted from this release, thereā€™s still a chance itā€™ll empower an update in the future. Hereā€™s to TeslaCrate!

Commit Log:

• Added /TeslaCrate Crates
  • Added /TeslaCrate BuyKey and cost-buy Keydata
  • Added /TeslaCrate SellKey and cost-sell Keydata
  • Added the consumed Keydata (use multiple keys)
  • Added entity checks with crates
  • Added a changeable prefix for display messages
  • Fixed some in-game documentation issues
  • Switched some checks and messages for clarity

Issues should be reported with the version [v1.0.1]

Itā€™s been a while, hasnā€™t it? Time to put the spark back in the project and get it off the ground.

WARNING FOR LEGACY VERSIONS (v1.0.1-)

If you are using a Legacy version of TeslaCrate (v1.0.1-), please note the following critical information.

This update drastically changed the configuration system from past versions. Sadly, due to these significant changes it became near impossible to create a converter. As a result, anyone updating from a legacy version will be required to update the config manually as well as any storage, such as virtual keys.

This update will NOT overwrite the teslacrate.conf file in the config directory, so it is safe to use that for reference (but, for the good of everyone, take a backup if you need it).

If you need assistance with the transition, please contact me in the #teslacrate channel on Discord (link in the op). I apologize for any inconvenience.

This update adds a whole store of new features, the largest being the changes to the configuration system. Iā€™ve updated the TeslaCrate wiki to help explain how to navigate through the system (particularly with References and Builders), so if youā€™re getting ready to charge into the config I highly recommend you review it.

With the large amass of changes, thereā€™s bound to be something I overlooked (even with hours of testing into it, I canā€™t be perfect). As such, if you find an error please contact me asap so I can get it patched in no time.

Without further delay, hereā€™s the main points of the update.

• Split configuration into multiple files
  • Added a Storage section to handle storage
  • Major improvements to configuration
  • Removed reward types system
  • Various changes to internals for future support
  • Streamlined nearly all processes
  • Removed BuyKey and SellKey
  • Added key flag to Lookup
  • Improved system for ListCrates

Issues should be reported with the version [v1.1.0]

'Tis only a dark and stormy night. Bugs - vile, murderous creatures - run rampant through the servers, burning old config files and laying waste to everything in site. From the hill, a hero appears! His name is shrouded in mystery, cloaked in shadow, and his only weapon is IntelliJ and a simple keyboard. He braves the storm, the lightning, and his mac computer to bring you the tool to vanquish these fearsome bugs - Version 1.1.1.

Anyways, enough of that. This update fixes a lot of critical issues from 1.1.0 as well as a couple internal improvements, so itā€™s recommended to update asap. Enjoy.

• Implemented singleton system for builders (Resolves #1)
  • Added builder system for Crates and Commands (Resolves #3)
  • Fixed using multiple physical keys issue (Resolves #2)
  • Fixed storage loading after reload issue
  • Changed startup to onGameInitialization

After forcing back the fearsome beasts the hero leaves to recover, for he knows he must fight another day. Before withdrawing into the mottled shadows of the forest, he leaves you a single request - report all issues on GitHub with the version 1.1.1.

1 Like

Greeting all! Iā€™d like to throw out a quick update for you all with a well needed bug fix.

Version 1.1.2 patches physical keys having items immediately after startup, which is the result of Spongeā€™s DataAPI being unavailable during initialization. Iā€™ve also added some helpful comments into the default configuration, and Iā€™ll be working on a better explanation shortly - so stay tuned for that!

• Changed initalization event (Resolves #4)
  • Added comments to configuration files
  • Fixed a small message error

Issues should be reported with the version [v1.1.2]

Hello everybody! Iā€™ve been working on this update for a while now, and I think itā€™s the last one in the 1.1.x series. Thereā€™s been a lot of functional redesigning behind the scenes, and I think my work with the config structure has just about come to a close. Iā€™m working on creating a couple tutorial on the TeslaCrate configuration to help you all out, so if thatā€™s something youā€™d like to see let me know!

Version 1.1.3 implements the reference value options for items and commands. Please review your configuration and ensure that your existing values will not have an undesirable effect (such as an item value changing the quantity).

• Added ForceCrate command to force process a crate
  • Config errors may now receive comments above the problem node
  • Command and Item reference values now have meaning (see wiki)
  • Improved internal configuration system
  • Improved validity checks and error messages
  • Names are now case-independent in commands
  • References may now be replicated in the same scope
  • Fixed core config options not being applied
  • Fixed issues with the default config

Issues should be reported with the version [v1.1.3]

Hi guysā€¦ If I want to give an enchanted item as reward? please help me :frowning:

I havenā€™t personally used this plugin, but assuming that enchanted items (NBT in general) are compatible, in the id=<ID> section, you should be able to add the full ID for the enchanted item. Without loading up the game and checking the IDā€™s for it, Itā€™ll probably look something like id=minecraft:iron_sword.withTag({ench:[something or other]}). But donā€™t take my word for it. To find the item ID, if you use Nucleus you can use /iteminfo (iirc).

This is all off memory, so probably wrong, just trying to be helpful.

• Alice

Greetings all! It has been a long, long road to get here but the time has finally come! After over two months of dedicated development, I present to you TeslaCrate v2.0.0-legacy!

This version is easily the largest update Iā€™ve ever done and has been a total of three complete rewrites and a lot of time. However, that also means it should be three times as good as have a hoard of new features (and hopefully a fraction of the bugs!).

This update (and future ones) now require TeslaPowered to be installed. This download is also included in the GitHub release of TeslaCrate.

Additionally, the config system has also been completely redesigned and is no longer compatible (or in the same place!) as previous versions. Fear not, however, as Iā€™ve built in a system to convert legacy data. Once the plugin has loaded, you can set the -legacy node to true in teslacrate.conf to begin the conversion process. This system will not overwrite any data, so your previous configuration will be safe (but unused).

Changelog

• Major redesign to internals
  • Restructured the command hierarchy
  • Changed the config location and system
  • Added gui component menus
  • Added gui, particle, and sound effects
  • Added crate preview display
  • Added translatable message system
  • Added more data options to items
  • Added component edit commands
  • A ton of miscellaneous improvements

GitHub Release: v2.0.0-legacy

Finally, Iā€™d like to thank three people in particular who have been a huge help in putting this thing together. @Faithcaio, for his immense help with the Inventory API; @ryantheleach for a lot of productive conversations, assisting with particle effects, and way too many quaternions; and finally @Meronat for being the voice of reason and helping me recognize that what I was doing what stupid. In the short time that Iā€™ve known you, Iā€™ve learned quite a lot thanks to your help - Thank you!

4 Likes

Any pictures???

Hereā€™s one of an orange cat Iā€™ve become rather accustomed to.

Orangie

If what youā€™re actually after is pictures of TeslaCrate, then I recommend installing the plugin - the effects and animations canā€™t really be justified in a static picture.

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer to see pictures of the plugin Iā€™m about to download than have to download, configure and then use the plugin to see if Iā€™m interested in it. If app stores didnā€™t have images, people certainly wouldnā€™t install as many apps as they do.

Up to you. Pictures donā€™t quite cut it for me, so until I can put together a series of official gifs for TeslaCrate the best I can offer is this test of some basic particle effects. Ignore the destroyed terrain - I ran into some, uh, complications with SpongeForge :confused:

1 Like

Looks pretty neat! Will be interesting to see how something like that would be configured.

Hiya everyone, happy Tuesday! I hope youā€™re all ready for an update that brings something new to the table :smiley:

This update doesnā€™t change too much - thereā€™s a couple simple bug fixes and a few new additions (+1 to item nbt), but beyond that itā€™s basically your everyday general update. However, this isnā€™t just any update, as it introduces support for both API 5 and API 6! So, for those of you still hanging around back there, you can join in the excitement now as well!

Iā€™d also like to make the note that updates to previous APIā€™s are going to be somewhat limited - maintaining all three API versions would be a nightmare and isnā€™t what I want to devote my time to. Instead, Iā€™ll be updating previous API versions for any major changes over the next few weeks. Once the new year hits, Iā€™ll re-evaluate my stance on legacy support and go from there - so if you find any bugs, nowā€™s the time!

Changelog

• Added support for API 5, 6, and 7
  • Added item nbt node in configuration
  • Fixed inline builders not deserializing properly
  • Fixed taking keys from users
  • Set default item name and lore to display-name and description

GitHub Release: v2.0.1-legacy

1 Like

Need clear wiki page info for adding enchantments to items, to include multiple enchantments for a single item.

TeslaCrate has been migrated to Ore! To stay up to day with new releases, please keep an eye on the following:

See you all there!

1 Like