Unofficial Teamspeak Server

10 TB. I think I’m good for now! :slight_smile:

edit

It’s 10TB at 100MB/s throughput, but after 10TB used it limits down to 1MB/s throughput. There is no actual limit, so disregard that post. The server is 4GB ram with a 3 core CPU. I can actually run this for quite a while :slight_smile:

ah haha, you’re fine then. 1TB is good enough, TeamSpeak doesn’t use a lot unless you have like 500 users on daily anyways.

Exactly :slight_smile: I think we’re all good for a long time.

1 Like

Is there any encryption going on in the server?

No, but there can be. Would you like that?

1 Like

I very much would.

1 Like

Global encryption is now set on the server. All channels are encrypted :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome! Voice and chat, right?

Teamspeak has internal AES encryption for everything, but on top of that there is voice-data encryption applied.

To answer your question, yes, chat was already encrypted and voice was not but now both are.

edit

The only unencrypted things I see here are the internal server management service, ServerQuery. I’ve since disabled access to this remotely so I’d have to SSH into the server to access it. The other unencrypted service are file transfers, so if you want to maintain security: don’t use it. :smile:

Everything else is encrypted.

1 Like

Thank you, hopefully performance inst affected to much.

Not that I can see. Server is handling well :smile:

top - 19:27:28 up 5 days, 15:43,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.10, 0.11
Tasks:  29 total,   1 running,  28 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
%Cpu(s):  0.1 us,  0.1 sy,  0.0 ni, 99.8 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st
KiB Mem:   4194304 total,   383464 used,  3810840 free,        0 buffers
KiB Swap:   131072 total,
1 Like

My application for a non-profit Teamspeak server license was denied. Their reasoning was that the website I provided them was not fully developed and it did not show that the community making use of the server was actually using said server.
I fleshed together a simple website to show them that this server is real at: http://jdersen.com/talk/

When they re-open their applications, I will re-apply.

1 Like

I’m willing to help out with this, I’ve had a TeamSpeak NPL for the past 2 years now for a server that sees barely to no activity but is still kept alive… My server is also an OVH rented machine haha, with 16GB ram, 4 core cpu @ 3.4Ghz, 100Mbit symmetrical with no visible cap on bandwidth.

Start a private message with me. How do you want to help out? :slight_smile:

PM sent about the topic at hand

Thanks to @Zaza7, the new Official Unofficial Sponge Teamspeak server is now hosted at talk.jdersen.com.

Connections to jdersen.com will continue to connect for now, but only have one channel with a message giving information on the new connection details.

Thanks everything for giving support to this idea by joining it.

The new server is 100% as secure as it’s predecessor, thanks again guys :smiley:

1 Like

Good morning from the west coast USA, if you want to talk with your peers via voice in amounts larger than Skype can provide, then connect to the Teamspeak server at talk.jdersen.com :slight_smile:

Also, if you would like other rooms to be added for other types of discussion, please let me know and I’ll get that sorted for you :slight_smile:

Will take a look over there when I am done with my personal problems here (funeral and preparing for funeral).
But i will definetly take a look over there :smiley:

No problem. Sorry that you have a funeral to go to :cry:

@zaza7 @jdersen Thank both of you for providing a voice server! I had a blast yesterday, and will hopefully have more blasts in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes