Unofficial Teamspeak Server

Edited thread title “Official Unofficial” to now being just “Unofficial”

You should change it back. :^c

Not sure why that’s necessary but okay no problem.

Why did you choose Teamspeak over Mumble? :frowning:

I’m most familiar with the TS software

I personally prefer Teamspeak.

2 Likes

Great to see so many people on Sponge forums!
Sponge is going to be awesome!

2 Likes

This is still up! See the OP for connection details.

As for the server located at jdersen.com (the original server location), it has been turned off (as was noted on the server itself—“this server will be turned off on Friday, September 19th, 2014.”

Hope to see you on there some time - it’s been pretty quiet lately. Just a note, you don’t have to talk using voice! Text chat is welcome as well, this is just a channel for discussion :slight_smile:

Open letter to @sk89q. Why not make an official TS3 server? Not hard to make, but makes a huge difference.

Yours sincerely,
Marijn van Wezel

I had @Zaza7 shut the server off. No one was using it, so this is no longer a thing. Thanks to all who made use of it when it was a thing.

Perhaps one day it will be a thing again.

If that’s the case. Please lock this. Thank you.

I’m not the official authority on this, so you can still wait for @sk89q’s reply.

The server is actually still online, and will hopefully stay up until decided by a sponge staff that it should be shut down.

@sk89q should make this the official TS. Or create one himself.

@xxmarijnw He does not have to. If it’s community hosted, he doesn’t have to pay for it. And he’d still have permission to configure the TS to his liking.

Oh okay, I didn’t know if you wanted to keep it up.

It seems they have an official Mumble. Saw the IP and password in the IRC, but no one was on when I joined. Or they were hidden in a channel (if Mumble supports that). I for one prefer TeamSpeak.

1 Like

If there’s going to be an official one, you should use Mumble instead. :wink:

I disagree. TeamSpeak is more manageable and, for the money (heh, see what I did there?), it offers more.

1 Like

I thought mumble was free, or is it not?