Unofficial Teamspeak Server

I think they’re both free if you start one up at home, but hosting it on a server would cost methinks. Even if installing the software doesn’t cost anything, the machine hosting it likely would. teamSpeak may have a limit to slots for free local hosted servers though.

Mumble I know for a fact is open source which means that you’re able to run it for free with as many slots as you want?
As for teamspeak If you run it as a freebie it’s limited to 32 slots unless you apply for an NPL or get a license.

TS and Mumble are both free softwares, but TS offers the most fine control over what you can do (perms, serverquery, etc.)

1 Like

What be they, good fellow?

Could you guys start a new topic for a mumble, please? Out of respect :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like

If I’m allowed to post it, sure. I’m a bit skeptical since they post it on the IIRC, but not on the website, so I think it may be somewhat restrictive. Dunno who to ping about that XD If it’s better, you can join the IIRC and see.

IIRC? Doesn’t that mean “if I recall correctly”? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you mean IRC.

Ah, I was thinking Instant Internet Relay Chat honestly XD I thought about it at first, but didn’t feel like looking it up.

1 Like

IIRC, IRC != IIRC? Since, IIRC, IRC = Internet Relay Chat? while IIRC = If I recall correctly, IIRC?

Trust me I’m an engineer…

… dafuq did just happen here?

2 Likes

Since @Zaza7 has decided to keep running this ( :slight_smile: ), I’ve re-routed the DNS. So the OP connection details are still valid if anyone wishes to make use of the server. (y)!

1 Like

Mumble is open, TS isn’t. Yes, they are both gratis, but Mumble is free.

Mumble is free software, TS is not.

Some things why mumble is better IMO

• Mumble has the lowest latency
  • Highest quality
  • It’s free (as in freedom)
  • Opensource
  • Encrypted by default as far as I am aware

It looks better, lighter, works better IMO :wink:

Relevant: http://redd.it/1nfzuf

Which would be best to run? TS3 or Mumble?

I’ll put up a Mumble server in a few and then we can decide which is better. Don’t run one on your server though, I’ll put one up on my VPS. Then run them side-by-side to compare.

He should atleast make an official (pinned) thread about it. People tend to click on those more. :wink:

But but :c E3-1245v2, 32GB ram, Gbit link server isn’t going to mind a “tiny” mumble and ts server :smiley:

1 Like

zaza :c dw i got this

Alright fine! lol I’ll be waiting to join this, or join soon if it’s already done.

I’m setting it up right now

How much did that cost?

OK…running a mumble server @ jdersen.com default mumble port.

I don’t like it, but hey, tell me what you think I guess lol.